What tankmates do you guys have with your polys?

tommyfc3s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New Jersey
I have an 8" endli and keep a few 3-4" mbuna and firemouth cichlids and clown loaches, an orange crawfish, and surprisingly some barbs that he hasn't managed to eat yet. None of the other fish really bother him since he's bigger than everything but the crawfish did clip up his tail a little bit when i first got him.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Leopard ctenopomas, synodontis catfish and rope fish.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
May i ask how big the Synodontis Catfish where, and how big the bichirs. I'm gonna add some palmas palmas to my 140g, but im a little scared they might eat the synodontis cats when fullygrown. My Cats are around 10 - 15 cm (4 - 6 inches), one of them a little smaller (Possibly 3 inches, but maybe a little bigger, like 4 inches.) , another in the middle of that, and one thats maybe 20cm (8 Inches).

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
ABK, ctenopoma, Larger grouramis

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Due to some fish I had ordered being way too small, I had to temporally house my bichir in my community tank (210g). It includes a Pearsei, Red Bay Snook, Red Isletas, hoplo cat, rhino pleco. I know the bichir and pleco thing is generally a no go but only issue is when the bichir come near the plecos log. Otherwise they are well fed and get along. I plan on moving my bichirs out as I can get my little growouts big enough to move or not be eaten. But the bigger the tank the easier it seems to be. When my bichir were in my 72g bowfront with the red isletas he had it out for one of them and would just follow it around in a threatening manner all the time. Same fish in the 210 gallon he does not look at or bother at all.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
The only fish I have found that won't work are plecos. They can /will suck the slime off and kill them. I have had Aros, Dats, various cats, Flagtail, P Bass, you name it!

mmurry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
salt lake city, utah
I keep a lot of big South American cichlids. As well as lots of other fish with my bichirs. Only tankmates I have had trouble with is a pleco (slime suckers make ur bichir sick) as well as clown loaches. Clown loaches generally don't grow fast enough to stay big enough not to become bichir dinner. Loaches have barbs that make it really hard for a fish to eat em. My ornate died trying to swallow a clown loach that got stuck in his throat.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

E_Trajano

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2012
Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
With my P. senegalus, P. delhezi and two Erpetoichthys calabaricus:
Ctenopoma acutirostre (01);
Synodontis ocellifer (maybe a hybrid!) (01);
Xenomystus nigri (01);
Hemichromis bimaculatus (01);
Phenacogrammus interruptus (11);
No feuds... Well, if any P. interruptus lay weak it turns a feeder... A pity.
P.S. Ah! I forgot... Paratilapia polleni (01).

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
003.JPG004.JPG

My 240g :D here is an idea lol, there is also two 2ft monsters in there aswell. there just not in the shot. I have 6-8" polys in there with the biggest 18" poly

003.JPG

004.JPG

Jnfergu2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2014
Huntington, Indiana
I have a couple dwarf gouramis a nice school of glass cats a few ropefish and an african butterfly fish. And a few ghost shrimp that have somehow manged to not become snacks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store