What the hell has happened around here????

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
By the way, you left a lot of people hanging with your offers to mail out a box of Weet-Bix...
That reminds me, I found Weet-Bix in London last month, remembered that whole thread, and decided to try it. That was the worst case of dry mouth I've ever experienced....

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I have to agree with some points here... I'm one of the more active members on MFK (in the last year at least), and I don't quite know what's happened lately but it seems to have gone downhill as far as the amount AND quality of threads/posts in the sections I frequent (never have been a lounge troll though ;)).
I think there are some knowledgable people that should be allowed to come back, some newer members that affect the site negatively, probably some other issues that should be addressed...
I have been hearing lately that MFK is a "family" oriented website... When did that happen? I thought that was aquaria central... I like MFK when experienced fish keepers are hashing it out and one upping each other while still maintaining a strong sense of community.
I think MFK is having a bit of an identity crisis. I would like to see a place with some sort of age minimum, an emphasis on knowledge and experience and taking the hobby seriously (in the "advanced" sections at least), somewhere where mods allow heated discussion... These are part of the reasons the older members (heard it first hand from a number of them) are leaving IMO. Does MFK have room for that crowd anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
I know what you mean, there hasn't been a good biscuit thread in ages.

By the way, you left a lot of people hanging with your offers to mail out a box of Weet-Bix...

oh no! my past is catching up to me! hah!

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
That reminds me, I found Weet-Bix in London last month, remembered that whole thread, and decided to try it. That was the worst case of dry mouth I've ever experienced....
lol they're meant to be eaten with milk sir!

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
It did eat it with milk. Did not know about the sugar thing, that might have helped.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store