What to breed with texas cichlid to make a red texas?

RickyOutlaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
Chicago
mjfin762;4952023; said:
MY parrot and texas paired off. They spent about four day together and show all the signs of spwaning. But out of no where.she just stays away from him......why would she do this
Maybe he did have a big enough KOK ? lol:headbang2

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Vincefh123;4909493; said:
carpintis male x King-Kong Parrot or Red Mammon female Imo is the best you get the large white pearls including on face and the highest red content, still will only get around 30% srt though I think thats about right..most wont fully fade

What if you took the nicest siblings from that spawn and crossed them?

Would the males be fertile if a female KKP were used?

I have SB texas male and female, and a male and female KKP.

I'm going to try pairing the male texas and female kkp.

The female laid eggs with the male parrot through a divider, but there were no holes so who knows if the male KKP is sterile or the divider just blocked the spawning.

j.blue02

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2010
socal
Most looked like red devils with pearls, but the largest one peeled to look like a platinum color texas (7"); I sold the rest but kept him :)
Now he's the alpha male in my 110 gallon and pushes everyone else out of his way except my female rd flowerhorn -which is 1/3 his size. Hopefully there's love in the making ;)

The one I kept is the last pic

hybrid3.JPG

hybrid2.JPG

Plat Texas-devil.JPG

loureyes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
you should breed him back to a texas to get more pearls and more of a texas shape then you might be on to something.

GalaxyInJanaki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Canada
GreatGems;1644810; said:
Ok guys you want to know the formula this is direct from the breeders in Thialand that breed them.

GT= Green Texas
KKP= King Kong Parrot
SRT= Super Red Texas
SUPER RED SYN= Super Red Synispillum

GT X KKP

GT X PARROT

GT X SUPER RED SYN

GT X SRT

Please note that the trick is to get a Male Green texas with Hump or KoK as we flowehorn breeders call it. and any of the other fish must be Females as Males are almost always infertile. I find that KKP and Blood Parrot work best but you must use one with very bright orange or Red color. I find that i get a lot of fading kumfa wih my bright orange KKP when i breed it with my ZZ malu.

Best luck anyone find a hot texas let me know
Have you ever tried a regular texas (Herichthys cyanoguttatus) or blue texas (Herichthys carpinte) instead of Green Texas? Do you know what this combination will yield? i know this thread is old, hopefully i get a reply.:)

keltonsports

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
minooka, Il.
I have used a H. cyanoguttatus crossed with a red devil... only 15% had the pearls, and only 1 or 2 are going to change color. I have found that the offspring of this cross is fertile when crossed with each other. I have a male and female pair that might fade but they have already produced fry (male is 4in female is about 2.5in). I am trying a H. carpintis x KKP and an escondido x KKP. Along with a midas x h. carpintis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store