"what's in the box..."

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
ok here is a video...will try to actually get some pics in the near future...

[YT]ahWxELos9yo[/YT]

--solomon

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
E_americanus;4916040; said:
ok here is a video...will try to actually get some pics in the near future...

--solomon
I'm majorly jealous of you right now. Awesome little gars! :grinno:

How many do you have in there? I'm pretty sure that I counted twelve, but the reflections may have caused me to count the same gars twice.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
u can send some my way :D

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Awesome Solomon. What a good month for gars.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Well, if you ever need to get rid of one or two or three to help support the research, make sure I'm one of the first that you email/pm/call about it!

Awesome little gar. All you guys posting new hard to get gars are making me jealous enough to do something foolish with my tax return...

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Madding;4916533; said:
Awesome Solomon. What a good month for gars.
i agree! will be sending a message to you about some other particulars reGARding these fish, but yes, it's been a good month for sure. looking forward to seeing pics of the black FLG along with his sunnier counterpart!--

Wiggles92;4916877; said:
If you need some housed for research purposes, I can be of service. I could maintain them in whatever environment is necessary and provide regular measurements, masses, etc.
likely more details on this to come, but thanks for the offer reGARdless! unfortunately to carry out any legitimate comparisons/replicates they do need to all be in the same place under the same environmental conditions. these fish are part of a "mini"-study as it is still somewhat of a statistically small group, but they will serve a purpose in the immediate and likely distant future.

sbuse;4916802; said:
i'll take some aswell...lol
Conner;4917101; said:
Well, if you ever need to get rid of one or two or three to help support the research, make sure I'm one of the first that you email/pm/call about it!

Awesome little gar. All you guys posting new hard to get gars are making me jealous enough to do something foolish with my tax return...
RE: to Le-Plat too and sbuse and Conner,

rest assured that i do have plans to manage/re-home some of these fish as we did with SPGs (obviously not as cheap) in the near future. once this smaller study is done i will be posting for sure.

with this group:

N=12 :)

--solomon

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
wow...awesome.

I'll be watching for updates for sure :D

zoomed.com