What's the best starter reptile for a 11yr old?

lovespunaround

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
Spartanburg, SC
Yeah like TheMightyOscar said, I hope you know you're going to have a very large and probably very unfriendly lizard in a few years. You might luck out and have a nice one, but I hear that's usually not the case.

Ophiuchus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2006
AL
www.ShiningSnakes.com
Male iguanas have what are called femoral pores on the undersides of their thighs. see here for pics: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.woodward/femoral.html Females do not have these. And males generally have larger heads, taller spikes, etc....but the pore thing is the best way to tell.

Foodwise, I suggest mainly vegetables: 60% dark leafy greens, 20-25% other veggies, at least 15% fruits, and less than 5% other food like commercial iggy diet, soaked monkey chow. For the leafy greens, just stay away from iceberg lettuce as it has no nutritional value; use Romaine or leaf-lettuce.

Weasel F.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2006
Amarillo,Texas
Thanks MDC, They told us when we got her that lettus was a no go. But here latly we've had a number of people tell us the same thing that leaf lettues is a must. Now on the angery lizeard in a few years. I talked with a guy this weekend that has a 7' 9'' one that walks on dog lease { spelling ?} anyway he told me that he's and 19 of the others he had was never mean. He said that As long as they where handled everyday and taking out and showed how to walk on a lease that they'd not be mean.

i have no clue if that's at all right but he insured me that mine was less then 2yrs old. Again thanks to all for the input and seggestions on what to get him.

Should he be the main one to fed and water?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store