What's up with the prices for NGT lately?

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
Personally, I don't think NGT r attractive fishes like ST.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Little guys are fetching around $100 nowadays. Factor in die off and the sheer time it takes to grow, and you've got a market that favors the seller. All these fish we lust after cost pennies on the dollar, yet the demand drives price up.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I bought 4 a few months back at around 1-2" @ $90/fish. 3 died because they chose to starve themselves and now I'm left with one who's addicted to pellets.

hulk181

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
Cerritos CA
I think the prices seen on mfk recently for NGTs are ridiculous. I think it's more a case of people pricing NGTs for dream money and holding it until someone is uninformed enough to bite. No way would I pay $400 for a 6" ngt and no way is a 9" one worth $500 either.

Then if someone does buy that ngt because they want it bad enough or didn't look at other recent sales, suddenly everyone with a 6" ngt thinks their fish is worth major cash and thinks $400 is a reasonable price. Last summer you could've bought 3" ones for $100 here in socal and raised then to 6" in a few months.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I've seen some really really high prices for NGT on the market place recently. Saw a 9 inch one for $500 and theres one right now thats 6 inch for $400. Are people really paying these prices? And if they are, what happened that made the price skyrocket?

I did a search for big NGTs sold on mfk and there were some back in 2010/2011 that were 10 inch plus for $150-$200. How did the price double so fast?
That's a rip off price
Even a 14" NGT isn't worth $500
It's not like they are rare most shops or vendors can order them in

Most people want one to finish a tiger collection but sell them after a few months as they find the are more trouble than they are worth

NGT are a nice idea but most times the destroy a peaceful com tank

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
That's a rip off price

Most people want one to finish a tiger collection but sell them after a few months as they find the are more trouble than they are worth

Agree 100% , They Definitely destroy the harmony in a peaceful tank so that's why mine had to go! My damage from my 9 NGT was....Lost a 30" female black arowana,frayed fins on my RTG and chased my widebars silverdollars until they had chimples on the front from hitting glass and ornaments trying to get away. I was just about ready to give it away.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Agree 100% , They Definitely destroy the harmony in a peaceful tank so that's why mine had to go! My damage from my 9 NGT was....Lost a 30" female black arowana,frayed fins on my RTG and chased my widebars silverdollars until they had chimples on the front from hitting glass and ornaments trying to get away. I was just about ready to give it away.
Wow! 30inch aro going down! Did she jump out or just a brutal attack?

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
That's a rip off price

I would hope a 14incher could get $500. But yeah, the recent prices on the 6 to 9inchers is completely outrageous..They do seem to get even more destructive as they grow, but I think a monster NGT with some big rays or other bottom dwellers could work real nice

rayluc

Candiru
MFK Member
May 25, 2005
mfk
even ntt have gone up in price considerably, i think indos are the only dats that have gone down significantly in prices due to their availability.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
even ntt have gone up in price considerably, i think indos are the only dats that have gone down significantly in prices due to their availability.
You must not have seen some of the rather exorbitant prices for some of the three bar and split bar indos that have been listed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store