What's up with the prices for NGT lately?

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
I sold both a 9" NGT for $180, and a 14" one for $250 locally about 1.5-2yrs ago. Both got too aggressive with my ITs and were a bit challenging to sell locally on MKF and Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
I bought 4 a few months back at around 1-2" @ $90/fish. 3 died because they chose to starve themselves and now I'm left with one who's addicted to pellets.
Ouch!!! Sorry you lost some from starving.
I dont do the eat or die with small fish.. let alone big tigers.

Theres a couole of big ngts 12 inch abive in uk going for $350 ish...

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Agree 100% , They Definitely destroy the harmony in a peaceful tank so that's why mine had to go! My damage from my 9 NGT was....Lost a 30" female black arowana,frayed fins on my RTG and chased my widebars silverdollars until they had chimples on the front from hitting glass and ornaments trying to get away. I was just about ready to give it away.
Had my 12 inch one for 2 months now. Gets its ass kicked by my 16 inch plus indos.. no damage or split fins though. .

early days still

hulk181

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
Cerritos CA
That's a rip off price
Even a 14" NGT isn't worth $500
It's not like they are rare most shops or vendors can order them in

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I would hope a 14incher could get $500. But yeah, the recent prices on the 6 to 9inchers is completely outrageous..
Agreed. I paid $300 for a 13" ngt last summer. I was lucky though and got a great deal. I think NGTs over 12" plus are worth the money, but $400 for those 6" ones is pure greed.

I know sellers can set whatever price they feel like, but i also feel like buyers should have the right to call out a price as outrageous on someone's ad when it's clearly and extremely overpriced. We cant do that though because the post gets removed. You should have the right to say "that price is bull ****!" on someone's for sale ad.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Price gouging,just say it in a nice way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store