whats your baby?

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
My babies are really my Ball Python and Blue Tongue Skink, but fishwise, I love my Belly Crawler Pike. She's one of the coolest fish I ever kept. Tough to beat my old Senegal though. She died when I was a freshman, I only had her 7 months or so, but she was awesome. RIP :(

f1shy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2012
On mfk.com
I really have two babies of mine but one will always surpass the other. My betta that started me back into fishkeeping is truly a little bundle of joy to have. I can handfeed her and even pet her (Yes, I know you shouldn't but it was only once). My other baby is ALSO another betta, my Betta splenden x Betta raja. Also known as a "King betta" at petco. My dream fish is definitely a gatf or a leopoldi ray.

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
My Oscar, but my Bps are tied with my Oscar. My seganal bichir is one of my favorites.
I really want a dovii or umbee someday(preferably a male but they are uncommon so i would take a female if that was all I could find).

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
I really have two babies of mine but one will always surpass the other. My betta that started me back into fishkeeping is truly a little bundle of joy to have. I can handfeed her and even pet her (Yes, I know you shouldn't but it was only once). My other baby is ALSO another betta, my Betta splenden x Betta raja. Also known as a "King betta" at petco. My dream fish is definitely a gatf or a leopoldi ray.

I dont think there is a harm in petting them if they are underwater. TheTrust (I think) posted a video on Youtube of a Redtail Shovelnose being petted underwater. It was rubbing back and forth against the hand like a cat.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Yeah I dont see any harm in it if the fish lets you and is ok with it. I love those rays, my retic likes when I put my hand on the bottom of the tank and rub his sides with a finger or two.

pudgeking

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
New York City
right now it's my hoplo catfish... still haven't picked a name
IMG_0440.JPG

My past favorite (and still my all-time favorite) was my electric catfish, Frank, followed by his companion, Earl, who was the only fish I put in the tank that Frank never killed (definitely had something to do with Earl being a banjo catfish)

IMG_0440.JPG

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio