what's your worst purchase

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
my first attemt at a fish tank was a 10g and i had to have this eel i seen in the store no idea what it was or how to take care of it needless to say it died and my next purchase was a gold fish and a how to book dumb kid

antbean90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2006
bournemouth england
MY WORST PURCHASE WAS A BLUE CRAY FISH, I DIDNT SEE IT FOR ABOUT 5 WEEKS AFTER I BOUGHT IT, I THOUGHT IT HAD BEEN EATEN, BECAUSE MY REED FISH, AN ORNATE AND SENEGALESE BIRCHIR HAD ALL BEEN KILLED,I THOUGHT I HAD A MYSTERY KILLER AND THEN ONE DAY OUT THE BLUE I SAW MY CRAY FISH APPEAR FROM UNDER A ROCK OVER 2 TIMES THE SIZE HE WAS WITH MASSIVE CLAWS ABOUT 7 INCHES LONG! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GETTING ONE IF YOU HAVE BOTTOM DWELLING FISH AS THEY SEEM TO GO FOR THE THROAT.

AngelicGreenTerror

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
El paso, Texas
Mine would have to be Kribs, thinking 86 degree water would be good, and putting them in with a Spotted rafael catfish. The spotted rafael ate one of the kribs, the other died of the temperature to high.

Cimmel1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2005
Canada
My worst purchase was a small tigrinus catfish. I dropped in the tank and a split second later my small 4" rtg aro had a fat belly. Poor little guy never even hit bottom :(

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Long ago when I was still learning about fish keeping, I bought 2 pacus and an oscar for my 45gal hex!!!

Happy ending was that nobody died, just returned them once they outgrew the tank.

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
Gr8KarmaSF said:
Long ago when I was still learning about fish keeping, I bought 2 pacus and an oscar for my 45gal hex!!!

Happy ending was that nobody died, just returned them once they outgrew the tank.

ouch! hex shape fish anyone :)

ridether

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 20, 2005
M.O
guppy said:
I once bought some kind of dwarf puffer, body size about as long as a nickel, I put it in with large angel fish, it was returned to the store very quickly, viscious little sod.

My worst was a buffer fish. Which by the way I still have. I introduced the puffer to my elephant noise. I week latter the elephant noise was no where to be found. He had disappeared. I doubled checked the tank but still no luck. I made a special screen for the top part of the tank. I had heard of elephant noise get lonely and attempt to commit suicide by jumping out. I lost a elephant noise for a puffer. I think the bastard eat him. :swear:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store