Where to Buy bichirs

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
What most people don't realize is that 99% of those who sale (resell) wc bichirs got their bichirs from toyin to begin with. He is the main importer of bichirs into the US. $75 will get you SEVERAL bichirs from him airport to airport overnight. His rates are actually very good IMO. Last time I ordered 4 LARGE bichirs for like $80 and I believe i could have ordered more for the same rate. He is the only guy who generally undersizes his fish. Ordered a 16" bichir, received a 20" bichir. If you compare his prices to past prices from other vendors, his prices are CHEAPER than most..... and sometimes wayyyy cheaper.
+1 toyin even though i never got anything direct from him :(

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
It was august when I got that price from toyin ... And I do want to order from toyin iv heard great things bout his fish but also I can't do airport to airport the closest airport it can come to for me is a 3 hour drive witch really sucks ... I'll check out ray

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It was august when I got that price from toyin ... And I do want to order from toyin iv heard great things bout his fish but also I can't do airport to airport the closest airport it can come to for me is a 3 hour drive witch really sucks ... I'll check out ray

Excuse my naiveness but who is Ray?

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
From Amazing-Fish really nice guy haven't done business with him, but I've caught myself drooling at some of the stuff he brings in.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
From Amazing-Fish really nice guy haven't done business with him, but I've caught myself drooling at some of the stuff he brings in.
I see. I thought there were amazing fish on FB and I missed the name. Lol.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
It was 75$ for usps priority mail from toyin...
While I was payin 16$ for priority mail from aqautic daycare
Big difference there same dang shipping ... Just not diggin the 75 for that I could understand if it was for like 1 day guaranteed shipping but it's not it's the 2-3 day just like the 16$ I was payin ........ And in regards to the guy sayin something about aqautic day care ... He my go to guy for bichirs but iv been tryin to reach him through Facebook/ his website/ email/ and calling his store ... But nothin like he dropped off the face of the earth ... Jason is a awesome guy to deal with but can't deal wit him if I can't get ahold I him lol so I'm left searchin for other places

Oh wow! I didn't know that was for USPS priority. That's extremely high!

I am personal friends of Ray and he won't be getting anything from Africa in a long time or ever again. Too many problems he's had with exporters from there. I gave him the number of a friend who says he has a reliable exporter from there but for now, he won't be getting anything from Africa at all

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Oh wow! I didn't know that was for USPS priority. That's extremely high!

I am personal friends of Ray and he won't be getting anything from Africa in a long time or ever again. Too many problems he's had with exporters from there. I gave him the number of a friend who says he has a reliable exporter from there but for now, he won't be getting anything from Africa at all

Ya this is y I am sayin I don't want to drop that much on shipping when it's priority ... Just to much .... And that sucks bout ray ... So guess I'm gonna end up wit no choice but toyin

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Anyone know what happened to aquatic day care? They were having some roof flooding issues over Christmas break, but I haven't heard from them since in spite of multiple calls. We spoke on a Friday. At the time, he had a wide variety of Polypterids in stock, and asked me to call back on Monday to order, seeing as they were imminently repairing the leak.

Edit: his website hasn't been updated in eons.

When we spoke the time before last, he was mentioning something about stocking a zoo aquarium exhibit, and mentioned it was going to be time consuming... Some chance this is a factor.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store