Where to get arowana

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
What exactly are you adding to this thread? he asked something... was corrected... moved on to the correct Aros and you made it an all americans thing???
What else are citizens of the U.S. called other then Americans? Let's see I was told I am from a third world country where I have been in war against the U.S., I was called a leaching parasite that collects aid from programs in the U.S. . Who is the one getting carried away? You guys are the ones making it into something that it's not. Didn't say anything negative about Americans. I guess a better way of saying it would have been... How are the U.S. citizens so misinformed about their own laws on asian aros and snake heads. I am just surprised how at least once a week a U.S. citizen asks where to get a snake head and an asian aro. I have nothing against Americans but how are you people in this hobby so unaware about the laws around snake heads and asian aros being illegal in your country when everybody else outside of your country knows?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
What else are citizens of the U.S. called other then Americans? Let's see I was told I am from a third world country where I have been in war against the U.S., I was called a leaching parasite that collects aid from programs in the U.S. . Who is the one getting carried away? You guys are the ones making it into something that it's not. Didn't say anything negative about Americans. I am just surprised how at least once a week a U.S. citizen asks where to get a snake head and an asian aro. Nothing against Americans but how are you people in this hobby so misinformed and ignorant of the laws in your own Country? When you get an DUI do you use the excuse you didn't know because you didn't read about it?

Do all Americans keep there heads in the sand---if i said something like are all Canadians afraid of confrontation--- would you find it offensive? blanket statements are always an incendiary topic ... I know for a fact there are certain areas in Canada that can not have snake heads but i am also sure there are people there that have them...In the USA most species even illegal ones can be found if you want them on the black market as I am sure is the same case in Canada... I am also sure 90 percent of the people who keep fish are not up on all the species that are illegal.. yes MFK has a group of very educated people but we also have a lot of people coming for information so flaming someone for not knowing something is absurd.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
What else are citizens of the U.S. called other then Americans? Let's see I was told I am from a third world country where I have been in war against the U.S., I was called a leaching parasite that collects aid from programs in the U.S. . Who is the one getting carried away? You guys are the ones making it into something that it's not. Didn't say anything negative about Americans. I guess a better way of saying it would have been... How are the U.S. citizens so misinformed about their own laws on asian aros and snake heads. I am just surprised how at least once a week a U.S. citizen asks where to get a snake head and an asian aro. I have nothing against Americans but how are you people in this hobby so unaware about the laws around snake heads and asian aros being illegal in your country when everybody else outside of your country knows?
I have been out of this hobby for many years, a year or so ago i got back into it. So yes i dont know all of the laws regarding fish...but that may be because i actually have a life other than this hobby. I never was interested in aros, jars, or any monsters for that matter because i could never properly house them. What does being american have to do with what laws any given member is aware of ? Your amazed at what laws we know... well im amazed at how inadequate people feel towards this country and have to takes shots at it any chance they get...funny your on this site since 2007 and not 1 friend ? I can see why. Since you derailed this thread beyond the point of being minutly useful im gonna entertain your nonesense before the thread gets locked (which it should)

Now that i made your day and your able to go to sleep feeling important that you were able to tell an american something of his own laws you should thank me. In your small little world you'll be a hero so go ahead pal call all your little friends and tell em what a big important man you are....lmao gotta love the internet

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
I am just surprised how at least once a week a U.S. citizen asks where to get a snake head and an asian aro. I have nothing against Americans but how are you people in this hobby so unaware about the laws around snake heads and asian aros being illegal in your country when everybody else outside of your country knows?
Everyone has to learn what is legal and what isn't sometime. The topic of Asian Aros in the USA is brought up a lot here. As far as I can tell it's from people researching them. It might be easy to do a search to find out info on them, but what's wrong with starting your own thread and asking your own questions? If the frequent questions on them bothers you, move on. There is more to do here than comment on illegal fish in the states.

To the OP, unless you have a 6x3 tank I would not get any aro. A Jar would be OK in a 6x3. Silvers and black aros need a 8x3 IMO.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Everyone has to learn what is legal and what isn't sometime. The topic of Asian Aros in the USA is brought up a lot here. As far as I can tell it's from people researching them. It might be easy to do a search to find out info on them, but what's wrong with starting your own thread and asking your own questions? If the frequent questions on them bothers you, move on. There is more to do here than comment on illegal fish in the states.

To the OP, unless you have a 6x3 tank I would not get any aro. A Jar would be OK in a 6x3. Silvers and black aros need a 8x3 IMO.
Thanks dude i kind of like jars better but unfortunatly no room right now but will shoot for the 6x3. This was all just pre emptive home work. Any large cats you would suggest sharing the tank or are they just too aggressive?
Your right though about the search function lol but between two little kids and a ton of overtime at work the brain isnt firing on all cylinders.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Check out the Restricted Species Lists in the sticky sub-forum of the Marketplace. There are a number of entries concerning laws in other countries. The reason those lists were researched was because members living in those countries asked me to check for lists since they were unaware of the laws in their countries. It's not just the USA asking.

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
Thanks dude i kind of like jars better but unfortunatly no room right now but will shoot for the 6x3. This was all just pre emptive home work. Any large cats you would suggest sharing the tank or are they just too aggressive?
Your right though about the search function lol but between two little kids and a ton of overtime at work the brain isnt firing on all cylinders.

I've never kept Jars myself, but hear it usually turns out bad with tank mates. And as far as a 6x3 for one, certainly don't take my word on that. I've heard that they could get by in a 180. But the 2' depth just seems kind of tight to me.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Butthurt...Well next time you get a DUI tell the cop you didn't read about and you may get off. Now I better get to work building up my friend list because I guess it's real important for some reason, just like it is on ps3. LOL Does the person with the biggest friend list get a prize or something?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Butthurt...Well next time you get a DUI tell the cop you didn't read about and you may get off. Now I better get to work building up my friend list because I guess it's real important for some reason, just like it is on ps3. LOL Does the person with the biggest friend list get a prize or something?
I'll try that with the cops next time....and the friend comment was just to point out what kind of person you are.... pathetic really Its seems i was wrong earlier you must have no friends to go brag to. Actuallly i feel sorry for you....it must be rough living alone....only having your fish to talk to while you watch fargo over and over and over.....dude your a loser the thread moved past your nonsense but ya can t let it go please go post somewhere else....matter of fact i've gotten all im Gonna get from this thread..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store