Wheres a good LFS in the NY area.. city or upstate.. suggestions?

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
River and Reef Aquarium in Fishkill. (Bad town name for a fish store, but MFK member owned and operated.)

http://www.riverandreef.net/
It's back open? I went there a few months back and they were closed and police were hanging around the store entrance. It is a great place too though a little overpriced at times but nice selection overall I got my first ornate Birchir and fire eel from there.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zerolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2014
utica
I'm in central NY and we have a few near here. I recomend Wild Things in New York Mills and FishFinatics in East Syracuse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bloodlucky

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
New York
When I lived in Manhattan there was a place my dad use to take me to called Pacific Aquariums. They closed but apparently they reopened. Maybe they changed location. I live in Westchester now and apparently a place called Pete's fish place is pretty good up here, it's in Hartsdale if I'm correct.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
it used to be exotic pet warehouse in yonkers. forget what its called now. they get exotic fish in and can order whatever you want. they used to treat the animals like crap (parrots in fish tanks) reptiles with no lights, etc until aspca was called. Now its new ownership. i have gotten praire dogs there...seen flying squirrels, short tailed opposums, etc. you get the idea.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
When I lived in Manhattan there was a place my dad use to take me to called Pacific Aquariums. They closed but apparently they reopened. Maybe they changed location. I live in Westchester now and apparently a place called Pete's fish place is pretty good up here, it's in Hartsdale if I'm correct.

dude i live like 5 minutes from hartsale (small world)and never heard of it. I'm in Elmsford. I am going to check the info out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store