Which air curtain for 120 gallon

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
I have 3 different pumps none of which push bubble through 12" bubble wall tube. I'm guessing because of the pressure and weight of moving it to a 120 gallon. Which size pump should I get? I keep finding ones for a max of 100 gallons. As I know in aquariums bigger is better. Which ones are u running on your 120+ gallon tanks?

And wheres the search button or am I blind??.?

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
Ok, I found the search button lol. And still no answer.
If it helps I have a 60x18x24.5. 120 gallon. Sand sub, driftwood, Oscar, jag, jd, sen, bgk, and random small dithers, All fish are Juvies

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have 3 different pumps none of which push bubble through 12" bubble wall tube. I'm guessing because of the pressure and weight of moving it to a 120 gallon. Which size pump should I get? I keep finding ones for a max of 100 gallons. As I know in aquariums bigger is better. Which ones are u running on your 120+ gallon tanks?

And wheres the search button or am I blind??.?
The search button is at the top of the page to the right of the forum selections....as for your bubble wall,sorry I can't offer much advice but is it old,it may be clogged?

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
I found the search, it's not an air stone so it doesn't "clog". I think it's cause of the pressure. I'm guessing I need a larger pump to run it. Just need advice on which one at a decent price most people use for 120+gallon tanks.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I have one I bought for under 20 bucks and I hook up 5 air lines to it. Two in my 200 gallon tank and three to other tanks. Maybe your wand is indeed clogged because a cheap air pump works in my 200 gallon tank that came in a 1.5 gallon tank I purchased a long time ago. I used it for my sump with fry when I do long maintenance on my tanks. A bit overkill but still lol

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I found the search, it's not an air stone so it doesn't "clog". I think it's cause of the pressure. I'm guessing I need a larger pump to run it. Just need advice on which one at a decent price most people use for 120+gallon tanks.
A wand is just like an airstone, I have wands. It has pores and can get clogged. Mine get clogged periodically so I just don't even use them anymore. Do this put the wand where you want it take the hose that runs to the air pump and physically blow out and see if it bubbles correctly.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
A wand is just like an airstone, I have wands. It has pores and can get clogged. Mine get clogged periodically so I just don't even use them anymore. Do this put the wand where you want it take the hose that runs to the air pump and physically blow out and see if it bubbles correctly.
Does it work that way? Can he push air through it when a pump can't apply enough pressure?

edit: JK apparently it does.

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
Tried that, when I blow thru the hose. (extremely hard) the bubble wall is complete. Why I think it's the pumps. I have 3 different pumps I tried and NOTHING

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
It worked in my 55 gallon. Not as good as I wanted but good enough. Now in my 120, I get nothing. Not 1 bubble. If I blow myself it comes out perfect, the way it should

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
You have to rule out if its the air pump or the wand. Another test is to just put it towards to surface and see if it works. If it does air pump isn't strong enough the pump can't produce enough air when the pressure is greater while towards the bottom on the tank.

Does it work that way? Can he push air through it when a pump can't apply enough pressure?
Yes

edit: JK apparently it does.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store