Which air curtain for 120 gallon

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
Yup, that's where I'm at, just need advice on setup that most of you are using for 120+ gallon tanks, willing to spend a CPU
Le bucks for a new setup. Just don't wanna buy a new one and get nothing again.

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
It worked in my 55 gallon. Not as good as I wanted but good enough. Now in my 120, I get nothing. Not 1 bubble. If I blow myself it comes out perfect, the way it should
Yup your pump is not strong enough. You ruled out the wand. I'm not at home currently but I'll come back and tell you which pump I have. Its cheap and been used for 7 years and it had a dual outlet. I'm pretty sure I paid less than 20 bucks for it. If it can supply 5 air supplies two which in my 200 gallon tank it should make your wand super bubbly.

BTW get a air adjuster adaptor. If its too much air you can slow it down and get it where you want it. People do this with fish rooms that run multiple lines. I do this as well its super cheap.

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
Got a penn plax 5 outlet adjuster already as well, thanks. I guess ill just hit petco and buy the biggest sucker, or should i say blower they got lol

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I found the search, it's not an air stone so it doesn't "clog". I think it's cause of the pressure. I'm guessing I need a larger pump to run it.
I saw where you said you found the search feature but I had already submitted the post and I knew what you meant by "bubble curtain" and those wands can also get clogged.....those pumps you have,are they fairly new?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I would go to a local fish store to get it. I'm surprised none of them worked. Where is your air pump? I always put my air pump above my tanks or very close to the top. My air pump rated 3 gallon worked in my 200 gallon tank and a 20 gallon tank. Used both temporary for a week but worked.

This air pump came with a 1.5 gallon tank which now my nephew uses for a betta tank.
http://www.amazon.com/Tetra-25846-Whisper-BioScrubber-3-Gallon/dp/B000HHQ712

Its so loud and obnoxious lol

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
I have the pump all the way at the bottom of the fish tank stand. Have nowhere to put it up high. My tank is displayed on both sides so it's hard to hide stuff except for underneath

Itainteasy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
I would go to a local fish store to get it. I'm surprised none of them worked. Where is your air pump? I always put my air pump above my tanks or very close to the top. My air pump rated 3 gallon worked in my 200 gallon tank and a 20 gallon tank. Used both temporary for a week but worked.

This air pump came with a 1.5 gallon tank which now my nephew uses for a betta tank.
http://www.amazon.com/Tetra-25846-Whisper-BioScrubber-3-Gallon/dp/B000HHQ712

I usually go to my LFS for my fish. But my closest LFS is 40 minutes away. Petco is 3 minutes from my house

Its so loud and obnoxious lol

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I have the pump all the way at the bottom of the fish tank stand. Have nowhere to put it up high. My tank is displayed on both sides so it's hard to hide stuff except for underneath
Make sure you have those check valves that won't let water back flow when the power goes out.

PhysicsDude

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
I had a setup which required high pressure air. Regular petco pumps wouldn't work like you're describing. I found replacing the one way valve helped, and believe it or not the best results I had were cheapo 12V air pump on ebay that I bought for like 6 bucks. They seem to overheat and burn out fairly often though, and you gotta wait a month for them to ship on the slow boat, but I was really surprised at how much air and pressure they pushed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store