White spot on fly river turtle

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
This is the darker one with the issues, he tends to hide in the sand when he’s ready for bed 😂

IMG_6092.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: David1999

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
I bought some ACRIFLAVINE and will be doing a soak for about 10 mins every 2 days, if I don't see any improvement i'll start to use a 1:9 betadine solution. he has some peeling, i'm assuming it's the new skin growing over and the old skin falling off. but hopefully your lil guy is doing well.

David1999

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
SoCal
I bought some ACRIFLAVINE and will be doing a soak for about 10 mins every 2 days, if I don't see any improvement i'll start to use a 1:9 betadine solution. he has some peeling, i'm assuming it's the new skin growing over and the old skin falling off. but hopefully your lil guy is doing well.
Silvadine seems to be doing the trick. Woke up this morning and he definitely started to heal a bit. Gray color is growing back more and the little holes are starting to close. Will post some pics later during his treatment

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
More grayness in the shell has definitely come back which I’m assuming is a good sign

View attachment 1526491

View attachment 1526492
that's awesome, that stuff works really well, I tried calling my vet and sent him pictures but he wants me to come in and see it in person, which I can't do he's a hour away. Mine seems to be healing up pretty well as it is, but it's nice to have that stuff on hand.

Maui the FRT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2023
I picked one up on Aug 15th mine is doing amazing. What I was instructed to do was quarantine in 55 gallon and use Kanaplex by Seachem in the water and add with water changes. That looks like fungus and it will kill him if it isn’t treated. The Kanaplex will work. I quarantined mine for 6 fulls days and treated him with Kanaplex as instructed. Mine also had a small white circle on his left shoulder. The reptile store I purchased him from said that a lot of time the handlers in Indonesia cause this. Maui no longer has the white circle. Best of luck.

David1999

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
SoCal
I picked one up on Aug 15th mine is doing amazing. What I was instructed to do was quarantine in 55 gallon and use Kanaplex by Seachem in the water and add with water changes. That looks like fungus and it will kill him if it isn’t treated. The Kanaplex will work. I quarantined mine for 6 fulls days and treated him with Kanaplex as instructed. Mine also had a small white circle on his left shoulder. The reptile store I purchased him from said that a lot of time the handlers in Indonesia cause this. Maui no longer has the white circle. Best of luck.
I’ve been treating mine with Silvadine. Took him to the vet on Monday and that’s what he was prescribed. The vet has 6 adult ones himself and that’s how he treats their fungus infections. I’m already seeing signs of improvement on his shell. Crossing my fingers he’ll be fully healed. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Maui the FRT

Maui the FRT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2023
I’ve been treating mine with Silvadine. Took him to the vet on Monday and that’s what he was prescribed. The vet has 6 adult ones himself and that’s how he treats their fungus infections. I’m already seeing signs of improvement on his shell. Crossing my fingers he’ll be fully healed. Thanks for the reply!
That is awesome glad your lil guy is on his way to recovery. I really enjoy mine.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
yeah, everything i'm reading says use kanaplex, ACRIFLAVINE soaks and if possible get silvadine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store