White stringy poop

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Here's from my Discus Health book.

View attachment 1127400
agreed. hex, much like ich, can persist in an aquarium environment but not cause the inhabitants any harm. That is if the immune systems of the fish are strong enough to keep them from gaining a foothold. I was unaware that metro only inhibited hex rather than actually completely treating it, but nevertheless it is still your best bet in dealing with the infection.

matthewr262

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2015
Willowick. OH
agreed. hex, much like ich, can persist in an aquarium environment but not cause the inhabitants any harm. That is if the immune systems of the fish are strong enough to keep them from gaining a foothold. I was unaware that metro only inhibited hex rather than actually completely treating it, but nevertheless it is still your best bet in dealing with the infection.
Absolutely agree.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
If this was my fish, I would feed NLS hex shield and treat the tank with prazi. I don't know what your fish has, if it has anything at all. What are you feeding it, how long have you had it, what temp is the water?

maybachmusic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2015
WI
Whats the best medicine to treat it assuming it's an internal parasite? It has to be safe for young fish and crawdads.
Metro and prazi didn't do sh*t for my flowerhorns when I had them imported. Get CLEAR by cz Aqua from all4fish.com Its the best.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
Since that day I haven't seen anymore stringy poop. So I'm not sure what's going on with that but it doesn't seem like a problem now. Even though it could still be just internally and it's not showing now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store