White Volta Endlicheri Update

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Nice endli volta
Thank you. I've seen in prior threads that you're starting to get bitten by the poly bug.

I like that gravel mix. When did you change it out? Looks much more natural. lol, and the fish look good too!
I changed the substrate last night. It was pretty easy to do. Used a dust pan to scoop out the excess sand and gravel, then python hose (took off both ends and just straight tube). Why u would ask? Gravel gets stuck in the green connectors and the removal of the chamber tube create Dyson like power suction. :) . Surprised how fast it cleared up. I've had this natural clay like and gravel medley for many months. Didn't mind the red gravel. But I also had tan pool filter sand, and fine blue aqua sand mixed in. The blue would stick to their slime coat. Which became aesthetically annoying.

Reactions: DMD123

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Great pics and i like the new gravel too looks great

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
If u change the substrate will the poly get stress??? Im planing to change mine to black.
I don't think it stresses polys out. I took out my sand/red gravel mix yesterday with a plastic dust pan. It's a 6 foot x 2 foot tank.

- Started on the left side first then shifted all my decos to the right(driftwood and large anubias) . If there is decoration on the opposite side. They take refuge there and seem very calm.
- Then moved the decoration to the opposite side. All fishes moved there. After the large portion of sand/gravel was taken out. Water clarity was cloudy white.
- Took off the cylinder chamber and green connector fittings because inlet diameter is smaller. Gravel will create a blockage during siphoning. Started the W/C process with the tube only from python hose. It works great to vacuum loose gravel and sand for my 50% water change.
- Filled tank with fresh water.
- Waited 4 hours for fish to acclimate a bit from stress.
- Rinsed the previously used substrate and poured about two 5 gallon buckets full into the tank around 7 p.m Sunday night. Just poured it directly in from the top. Didn't do anything fancy.
- Water become pretty clear by the next morning and no issues.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store