WHOS GOT THE LARGEST GAR HERE?

pagojoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2009
Conroe, TX
Here's one of the smaller ones in Springfield, about 75" when this pic was taken. Obviously eating well..

This one was 99.25 inches long, but didn't survive transport to the aquarium:

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
24"+ trop 20"+ trop... are my 2 biggest atm... but the longnose are catching up and only about 1.5yrs old iir and in the 16"+ ranges (3 of them) unfortunately lost our 18"+ Cuban not long ago. kiddo number 2 otw here in the next 4-6 weeks.. so the pool is pretty bare atm after the issues we had.. so won't be adding to the group until spring at the earliest (and that's if I don't decide to just get YOY to grow out but take in some sub-adults ect) ... so interested in seeing what growth we'll get outta the 5 gar and 2 catfish over winter.

100_5188_01.jpg

100_5188_01.jpg

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Both my Atractosteus spatula and my Lepisosteus osseus appear to be about 38" long.

I wondered if you would chime in here. Nice fish!

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Whenever he posts his fish he shames the rest of us.. but I think also inspires us ;) Lovely gar. all these beautiful gators still make me want one. maybe some day.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Whenever he posts his fish he shames the rest of us.. but I think also inspires us ;) Lovely gar. all these beautiful gators still make me want one. maybe some day.
I say urs are just as impressive, in reards to variety and I think gar looks better from the top, and so far the biggest gars are the ones from that guy with the pond

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store