Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
sorry for your loss but your bio load must be very high

what filtration ?
you probably need to be doing 60% WC every 2 days with that many fish
Yes definitely high bio load as I experience similar heavily stocked tank on my old set up on my 450. I had 10+ x 15"-24" monsters(4 x 2ft aros, 20" RTC, 20" achara cat, 22" Gator Gar, 18" GRTG, 2 x 15" PBass etc) on my old set up with 3 x FX5's filled to the max with bio max and 2 x Emp400 hob filters for mech as filtration and the filtration was adequate. I was doin 60% wc every 3 days. It was a lot of work to keep this many monsters even in a tank that's 3 x the size of the OP's 180. I can imagine how much bio load did the OP's tank had.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
sorry for your loss but your bio load must be very high

what filtration ?
you probably need to be doing 60% WC every 2 days with that many fish
Agreed...& you had all that in a 180g? I think you had it coming, no offense but thats way too small of a tank for all those monsters IMO...sorry for your loss

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
it has a a fx5, odassy 700, an emperor 400 and alot of plants for hydroponics.

i know the tank was small for them, but they were not my first large fish group in there with the same filtration. besides it was determined to have been caused by a pesticide. not caused by the bio load. this was NOT their final tank, they were going into a pond if i didn't sell them.

the tsn is almost fully healed and will be placed back in the tank in a day or so after all wounds are cleared.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Man I am really sorry for you loss havent been on here in a little while and just read through this thread and I am sure everyone on here has lost a fish at some point in time and knows the feeling I am glad to see the tsn is getting better. I would be deeply hurt if I lost my aro and I only have one, you lost 5 and some pretty cats. Man this really sucks

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
I'm so happy to hear that one of them made it! (Is that the one with the razor sides?) I know this has been beaten to death (no pun intended), but is there a way to prove that the apartment is at fault and get at least something back for it? I know you said they probably wouldn't do anything, but let's be honest, if they poisoned your dog, you'd probably go to the cops right? Why should these guys be any different? Unless its just that much of a lost cause... Anyway! Happy to hear one made it!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i had 9 asian aros 3 p14 stingrays a large tig and a few big tiger/dat i found unless i dont 2 x big water changes per week the ph would drop a lot but the fresh water buffed it back up to 7 i was in hospoital for 3 weeks so no water changes i tested the ph on return and it was 4.5

for as many fish as you had you probably need a sump as big as the main tank

if i had a fish throwing up food that fish would be gone fast because i feel we dont keep fish we keep water bad water = dead fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store