Why Do People Only Keep 1 Type Of Fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I have noticed that many fish keepers only keep one "type" of fish. An example is the SA/CA "cichlid craze" where a person only has big cichlids... Then there are the african cichlid people. Then the planted tank people. Then the bichir people etc. Hobestly, I could NEVER specialize in only one type of fish! I like to have a variety! Monsters, community, growouts, brackish, cichlids, etc. so... If you are one of those people that only keep one type of fish please tell me what they are and what tbe appeal is that you find in them... Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
Because they eat each other. :headbang2

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Because I was raised on big ca/sa cichlids, Africans bore me, most odd balls either get to big or don't appeal to me. I'd keep piranhas if they weren't illegal in California. And the ca/sa have the qualities I like. Personable, colorful, good body shape, and always fun to observe.

Sent from my VS840 4G

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Festea for me. But I find myself looking to change things up lately.
As far as specializing. I think for some it may be space not everyone can set up multiple tanks, it may be a financial situation. It is a lot cheaper to just do one area of fish keeping.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I like new world but also have a 75g community with barbs danios , ghost knife, cats. but JD JAGS and OSCAR are my fav.

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
Big cichlids are by far my favorite fish but I also keep Crystal Red Shrimp and a size-able planted tank. Maybe I'm weird.

Sent from my C6906 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

japbart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm into small to medium sized CA cichlids. But I also have a betta and a 55 planted. But I'm so into cichlids that I couldn't control myself and bought rams for my 55 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store