Why New Life Spectrum???

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
I've read the information in the link posted by the OP before as well as other articles and statements written about NLS, both positive and negative. I initially didn't think much of the product before using it as a staple diet for my own stock. The overall health and appearance of my stock changed my mind. I am very satisfied with the results of feeding NLS and will continue to use it as a part of keeping my cichlid and reef tanks. But I also don't expect everyone to support the brand. People will feed what they prefer for various reasons. No amount of arguing or "NLS vs X" threads will stop that. I have seen gorgeous fish fed on cheaper and sometimes even questionable diets but I still prefer to feed NLS over other brands because of the results in my own stock. I also agree with Clockwork about the size of NLS pellets in regards to waste. Feeding a pellet small enough to be swallowed rather than feeding a large pellet that has to be chewed for a while will leave little to no waste. I use the food daily and my water quality hasn't been diminished because of it. I don't really blame RD. for not jumping on this thread. He has to be pretty tired of stepping into every NLS battle on this site. With so many threads on the subject, it's quite easy to search them and read his previous thoughts on the matter. In the end we all should do what we think is best for our stock. Since we are individuals with personal preferences and thoughts, it should make sense that we will not always agree on how to care for aquariums and live stock. Leave out the personal jabs and comparisons to peoples religion. Have a civil discussion about the subject and move on.

Edit: I just saw that RD. did decide to reply to the thread. I guess he heard my typing;).

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
BTW - that article that Forrest linked to was originally written for Aquarium Fish International, and was printed in their Oct. 2007 publication. Pablo was cornered at a trade show & repeatedly asked if he would consider writing a nutrition article for the magazine, one which he was paid no funds for. Oh, and ALL references to NLS were removed for that publication, there was no mention of New Life whatsoever, so it certainly wasn't an advertsing plug. So when he updated his website a few yrs later, he decided to add that article to his website.

If that's a crime, well .........

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Al - a little Christmas elf sent me a heads up. lol

Honestly, I've gotten to the point that I don't care if people feed dried rabbit turds to their fish. But I do hate to see the spread of misinformation, such as NLS labels reflecting "wet weight", as though their foods are all starch. If they were, their pellets wouldn't be so damn hard! lol

Reactions: Ruturaj

tomomothy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Just goes to show we really can't have a food thread without a slug match following soon after. For the record I read that article before switching to NLS and still didnt switch right away. Several months later I tried it and my fish wouldnt eat it so it took a few weeks to fully switch over. In the interest of saving more arguing, to the OP, I did read the article, eventually did switch and I'm glad I did.

And I agree with RD, if youre not using NLS, fine. I'm not going to try to convince anybody otherwise. It never ends well in this sort of a format anyhow...

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
Al - a little Christmas elf sent me a heads up. lol

Honestly, I've gotten to the point that I don't care if people feed dried rabbit turds to their fish. But I do hate to see the spread of misinformation, such as NLS labels reflecting "wet weight", as though their foods are all starch. If they were, their pellets wouldn't be so damn hard! lol
Gotta love those elves! Well, thanks for the additional marine info too. I know it's the wrong forum but having both fresh and marine tanks, I can certainly appreciate the information. Getting a Mandarin Goby to readily accept prepared food is a challenge in itself.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I'm done too. It bothered me to see someone that obviously has no clue what they're talking about and spreading false information to hop on this thread and use the tone he did to fishman. Just uncalled for and made himself look stupid.
Open mouth insert foot.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fishman09

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2011
Centralia, WA
My hope for this thread is that through all the BS posted that of the over 600+ views here that some people were able to read the article and possibly learn something about fish food. If those people decide to use NLS then my opinion is that they are choosing a much superior food. If they don't then that's of course their choice, but hopefully information will have learned by those who read the article.

Just wanted to share the reason that tipped the scales and made myself switch to NLS.

cacichilds

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2012
NJ
So Clockwork if I'm correct after all these posts you want me to feed my dog NLS, sorry I'm chuckling as I'm typing this lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store