Widebar Question

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
JD7.62;1803860; said:
Ive been doing alot research lately and have talked to alot of different people. Sources are good but, for now at least, confidential. Just be patient. If my crystal ball is correct, some baby STs will be available before the year is up.
for 1 if they are just trying to boost the wild population it will take years for them to grow to adult breeding size

for 2 if any do come up for sale do you really think they will ever be as cheap as before

as far as i know NO tiger of any kind has been bred in captiverty

does anyone know 100% for sure how they even breed egg layer mouth brooders their is no info at all

im sure if someone had bred them we would have hurd by now

their was a few videos going around in thia a year ago when someone said that it showed tigers breeding and they would translate it well that never happened

show me the proof and i will belive it until then they are not being bred in captivaty IMO

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
You see, if some one wanted to breed them they could...its VERY easy to breed fish especially perciformes like STs in a lab setting, BUT there is no point. There is no money in breeding STs or really any ornamental fish that has a very low demand...and yes STs have a very low demand.

The price would drop 10fold if bred and it would make the $$ put into not worth it on a large scale.

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
I hope it's true.
I don't think it is.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
If I can find/afford me some 10"+ STs or some one to help me out with it, Id be willing to bet 5 free baby STs that they will be bred.

All we are waiting on is one piece of crucial info and once that is found out, and if we decide it is financially worth it, there just may be some baby STs available by fall.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Fish Room Plus;1804107; said:
But there already breeding such cheap fish. Why not breed a fish that @ 2" could fetch $50-$75
Economics my friend.

You can sell 100s of thousands of guppies a year at 5 cents a piece that cost next to nothing to maintain and breed and make some good money. On the other hand, if 100,000 STs a year were release the demand would drop significantly cause very few people want them correlating to a huge drop in price.

Just an example lets say that the average price for an 8" ST in the U.S. is $350. If some one put 100 8" STs up for sale on the MFK classifieds, would they all sell for $350?! Hell no!

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
JD7.62;1804112; said:
All we are waiting on is one piece of crucial info and once that is found out, and if we decide it is financially worth it, there just may be some baby STs available by fall.

Actually have a book supposedly with an article on breeding ST's on it's way to me.. Just need some dats.. :raspberry

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
mmmmm so its worth them breeding a 2 bit parrot fish or a $10 flower horn but its not worth their time to breed a fish that would fetch $100 each ok if you say so

you will be saying the same thing next year they are being bred but no proof no belive sorry but thats the way it is for me

i do hope im wrong and we do see loads of small ST for sale soon but i cant see it happening

as already stated if their were any then some would have been smuggled out at a high price

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
cichlaguapote, PM sent.

T1, again the reason is money. Man, if I could sell 10,000 1" STs for $100 a pop I wouldnt hesitate to drop the $5000 Id need to get started right now! There is just no way they would sell for that kind of money. There simply isnt enough demand. I could probably sell 1000 for that price if Im lucky.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i think you would be shocked at the demand

its not just a case of you saying right you are going to breed them were would you get your breeding stock from in the 1st place

what has gone wrong hear in the 1st place is the amount of small ST that were taken from the wild a few years ago

it will take a good 5-10yrs to restock the wild stock

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store