Widebar Update - Long overdue

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Thanks. The lights were on for several hours prior to the pictures. Had they've not been, the color on the dat would have been a too dark.
Do you experience that with your widebar?
This dudes dat is always in the dark. He barely ever puts the damn light on that tank. I tell him all the time to try it lol. You should check out his ST bro .. It's another monster like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
This dudes dat is always in the dark. He barely ever puts the damn light on that tank. I tell him all the time to try it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That's cause he enjoys the movie theater atmosphere like his owner with just about everything.lol...It's the loaches who scream bloody murder with the high beams on at times. They're still in training.lol...ST couldn't care less either way

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Thanks. The lights were on for several hours prior to the pictures. Had they've not been, the color on the dat would have been a too dark.
Do you experience that with your widebar?
My ST has always had a very light gold to him. He has a gd amount of white on his underside which usually goes with a more yellow base. I'd like to see what your talking about with yours getting even darker without light for awhile. I've never noticed that with dats, but I don't have huge experience with extended light time with my dats

lymiq

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2006
virginia
My ST has always had a very light gold to him. He has a gd amount of white on his underside which usually goes with a more yellow base. I'd like to see what your talking about with yours getting even darker without light for awhile. I've never noticed that with dats, but I don't have huge experience with extended light time with my dats
see below. These were taken 5 years ago. A little background: the first pic was taken right after water was drained out of tank at water change in the tank with black background and no light. Second pic taken after the fish was in temporary hold tank for 15 min with aeration. This tank was with light background and lights were on. Notice base of the scales in the first pic was practically black. In the second pic, all the black color disappeared at the base and throughout the scales, instead what you see is the light yellow color across the board.

2008_11_11_0002.JPG2008_11_12_0004.JPG

2008_11_11_0002.JPG

2008_11_12_0004.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store