Wife put me on a budget :(

bubbles123

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Ab, Canada
So many posts about laying down the law, etc. Just because you're happy, doesn't mean she is.

kevinfleming21;4247269; said:
So the wife proposes a "allowance" of $60 a month for fish related spending, WTF!!!! Does anyone think this is a fair number? Or should I protest this and ask for a new proposal?
$60 / month reasonable? That depends on alot of factors, your income being the biggest one. If you work part time for $5.00 an hour, $60.00 is alot. If you work 40 hours/week and make $100/hour, $60 isn't much at all. What else do you spend your money on? For example, do you smoke? My wife spends $50/ week on smokes, I don't smoke so I figure that gives me an extra $50/week for fish.

SemperFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hubert, NC
Some of these arguments dont make much sense to me. If one person spends a certain amount then the other person gets to also? IF you shouldnt spend $100 on something and one of you does, then youre $200 in the whole. Some of you guys dont seem very partnered with your partners lol. The wife is not your subordinate. If you thik she is and treat her as such you probably shouldve just kept her at the girlfriend level.

SharonW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2010
Australia
$60 a month would definatley maintain my current tanks, as far as chemicals, feed would go. But if you are thinking of upgrading equipment or going bigger, it's not going to get you far. I don't get an 'allowance' as such, I have my money I can spend, which isn't much, but if I really need something hubby helps out

azazal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2009
upstate new york
SemperFish;4260186; said:
Some of these arguments dont make much sense to me. If one person spends a certain amount then the other person gets to also? IF you shouldnt spend $100 on something and one of you does, then youre $200 in the whole. Some of you guys dont seem very partnered with your partners lol. The wife is not your subordinate. If you thik she is and treat her as such you probably shouldve just kept her at the girlfriend level.

ive been married 21 years and im here to tell you 50/50 wont work...it will always be 60/40...so if your not the 60 then your like our OP...the 40....

and im not slamming her for putting you on a budget, just baffled that she has to do it...i guess im just a male chauvinist pig, but i control the spending...i make more money...and i dont ask permission to spend on little things ..of course the bills and mortgage are paid..

semperfish...thank you for your service...

beex215

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
usa
add her to the plan then. she would severely limit her make up and food and stuff with 60 a month. or just kick her out the house. say my way or the high way.

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
blacktarotannis;4252221; said:
You have to order stuff and send it to someones house. Then go pick it up and leave it in the trunk of your car. If you happen to be out and find something with a super deal buy it and leave it in the trunk. Now if its a fish.... Buy it give to a friend.... Then have the friend bring it over in a zip lock bag and say someone was going to flush it. Thought of you and knew you would save it. Its worth a try. Sometimes works for me. :lipsseale
That sounds like me lol. I have to admit I've gotten much better than i was a few years ago. $60 a month just wouldn't cut it for me especially if i order fish. I am making an effort to cut back on my fish spending though. It seems to cause alot of problems these days especially with this weak economy. The ACA if coming up and I was basically told last year that i was not to go this year but here I am plotting and scheming to try to figure out a way to go.

blacktarotannis

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Deltona, Fl
www.youtube.com
I'm only this bad when told no... lol Where there is a will there is a way. Also I have to agree with azazal... There is no 50/50. Its more of battle of the minds. All the no's are the red cones you have to drive around. Good thing there is no rehab for our hobbies lol.:nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store