Votes: 227 74.4%
  • I am not located in the US and will not be affected either way

Votes: 33 10.8%

• Total voters

RARE AFISHINADO

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
The money the Govt spends to control Invasive species is more than the entire animal trade profits in a year. Im sure thats how the opposition will present it,, I know if I was for the Bill that would be the argument I would make..

wolfsburgfanatic

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
Frederick, MD
I don't think it will pass but I still wrote a letter to my representative (like they even give a crap) and printed some flyers to throw around town. Its bad enough to see the car hobby headed for hard times... I can't lose this hobby too!

MeiTnerium109

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Even if I didn't have a connection to the fish trade, I'd still doubt it will pass.

Not only is the idea horrendous, but now is not the time to "crack down" on the pet trade.

bumpylemon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2008
Massachusetts
the fact that we are addressing this is stupid. so basically close down petco and petsmart? not gonna happen...

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
what happens if it does i mean, I know what will happen, but that would seriously change the way america works, freedom? ha. we wouldnt wven have the freedom to choose our pets.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
A better approach would be education against releasing pets, not legislating an expensive measure to ban most pets.

Retuks

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
Kaneohe
RARE AFISHINADO;3032002; said:
The money the Govt spends to control Invasive species is more than the entire animal trade profits in a year. Im sure thats how the opposition will present it,, I know if I was for the Bill that would be the argument I would make..
though those numbers are bitter sweet, the gov would then say that having NO profit and then having increased expenses to staff officials who can regulate and enforce this new law would be even more loss, on top of that the jail population will increase if jail time is one of the sentences, adding even more expense to keep the offender alive.

my favorite activity (sarcasm), the open revolts that will take place, new trade routs and smuggling methods that even MORE specialized officials will have to be hired for to keep us underground fish keepers from smuggling in anything...

A typical talk between customs agents:
"We got another illegal import sir!, what do we got this time? piranhas again?... yellow damsels sir! gasp* tag em and bag em boys!"

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I can just picture Congress sitting around and this bill comes up for discussion and they all see the words Nonnative species and vote in favor of the bill without even thinking about the ramifications. Its happened before with different bills so it could happen again. I will be very upset if this bill passes.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
My wonder is how many congressmen and women have no knowledge of this bill and will simply pass it b/c they hear Invasive and non native and atuomatically think BAD.

Let's face it there is alot of legislation passed around this country that Few people know what it means till after they say ok let's pass this bill.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store