Wtb: barracuda..... Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I used to see baby great barracudas here a lot anywhere from 4" to 1-1/2'. Your best bet is to search online but even though your 380 will be good for a while, it'll need a bigger tank later.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Buddacuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
Central New York
8' long, 2'wide, 3' tall. 1" thick. This made the real estate agent's job a lot easier. Only part that sucks is that we have well water, real hard water, so I have to use the RO/DI. Need to plan ahead for water changes.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I see them often under 6", but you'll need a bigger thank in about a year to house one. They grow pretty quickly that first 10-12 months, then slow down.

NovaSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2013
Panama city Florida
I see them often under 6", but you'll need a bigger thank in about a year to house one. They grow pretty quickly that first 10-12 months, then slow down.
I agree with zoo diver, the great barracuda often grows over 6 foot long. most of the ones I catch here in florida are very large and the speed on these guys is amazing. but if you get one please post pics

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
any idea where i can order one from??? at any size???
I can get them, but I prefer not to unless someone has a multi-thousand gallon set up and can properly care for them.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Yeah I'd stick with some freshwaters, the largest is a Cuvieri common name Bicuda, they get beefy and I'm sure that size of tank would be okay, very nice colorful tail w/ eyespot

uploadfromtaptalk1398014694639.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398014705699.jpg

Seems like the tail color goes from light yellow to deep red most likely depending on locale
Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Buddacuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
Central New York
I appreciate all the help not helping me find a cuda. You're right, a 380 gallon tank is tiny, I should only keep clown fish in it. Guess what, I have a Saint Bernard and I only have 3 acres, not 100, yet somehow he has survived! Everyone always seems to know what is best for everyone else to do. Help is not evaluating what I should or shouldn't be "allowed" to have in your eyes. At 40 yrs old, and 20 yrs of having saltwater, I'm pretty sure I can handle it. Thanks again and I have one on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store