Wtb: barracuda..... Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
LMAO,are you really comparing the needs of dog to those of a fish that is not suited to living in a glass box?...If you are the age you say and have been in this hobby as long as you claim then you shouldn't be acting as if you are offended by the posts here by caring members.Good luck with your fish.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
The things gonna get startled go full blast and break its beak once it gets a few feet long. Waste of a fish IMHO

Throw your newfoundland in the empty tank and see how long it survives

Also to put things in perspective for the ultimate care of great cuda, the only time I've seen them captive is in the SW pond in the Baltimore national aquarium. The pond is at least 10k gallons and the dimensions are like 40 feet by 40 feet. Its a joke you think theyll be fine in a 380

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I appreciate all the help not helping me find a cuda. You're right, a 380 gallon tank is tiny, I should only keep clown fish in it. Guess what, I have a Saint Bernard and I only have 3 acres, not 100, yet somehow he has survived! Everyone always seems to know what is best for everyone else to do. Help is not evaluating what I should or shouldn't be "allowed" to have in your eyes. At 40 yrs old, and 20 yrs of having saltwater, I'm pretty sure I can handle it. Thanks again and I have one on the way.
Using your example with your dog. Lets say he is 48" snout to tail. Lets say for use of easy numbers thats about the size a cuda would grow to in aquarium. Would your dog be happy in an 8x2 crate for the rest of his days? Being such an experienced sw fish keeper certainly you know this is foolish. And you also should know there are fish sized between clown fish and barracuda. Basically you come across as ignorant and inexperienced and are asking about an expert fish. Sorry if this offends you but it is just people who care about fish and the hobby trying to give you helpful advice.

Oh and 380 isnt that big. Especially with those dimensions. Make a nice altum angel setup though

Neptunes Bane

Feeder Fish
Apr 22, 2014
Stamford, CT
Who cares. What's the dif if it's a cuda or a clown. They were all meant to be in the ocean not a column of water.

House of Fins in Greenwich, CT caries them. Call ahead of time to make sure they have them in stock. 4-6" and cute as can be with their little snaggle tooth.

Good luck. I sent you an email too. Would love to see pics after you make the purchase.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
I appreciate all the help not helping me find a cuda. You're right, a 380 gallon tank is tiny, I should only keep clown fish in it. Guess what, I have a Saint Bernard and I only have 3 acres, not 100, yet somehow he has survived! Everyone always seems to know what is best for everyone else to do. Help is not evaluating what I should or shouldn't be "allowed" to have in your eyes. At 40 yrs old, and 20 yrs of having saltwater, I'm pretty sure I can handle it. Thanks again and I have one on the way.
Lol I actually enjoy posts like this makes me laugh every time. Sucks for the cuds tho as it will most likely perish not by the tank but by the owner lacking the need to research on such a fish. Probably don't even have a 380...or at least the filtration to handle such a tank. Keep the posts up look forward to reading stupidity...Saint Bernard resemblance to keeping a cudas :ROFL:

Buddacuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
Central New York
Any fish in any tank is selfish and cruel if you want to put things that way. That's why they are called ORNAMENTAL fish. They are in people's tanks at their houses instead of in their natural habitat for OUR enjoyment and pleasure. We aren't doing them any favors by giving them a bigger prison, or tank. So don't bother with your self righteous little paragraphs about how you are green peace and a marine biologist. Plus, I have my cuda now, so save it.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Congratulations on scoring one, I hope it does well for you. I don't really think anyone was that harsh on you - I've seen much, much worse. :nilly:

By the way, an 8x2x3 isn't 380 gallons. If those are external dimensions it is about 305 gallons, if they are internal dimensions it is about 360 gallons.

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
Really? Not doing them any favors by giving them a proper size habitat?that staement alone shows your ignorance, immaturity, and unwillingnesss to listen to people who try to give fish an environment suitable for them.true it is for our enjoyment, but also to ensure we do the best we can for them. how much enjoyment will you get,when your cuda is stunted, possibly deformed from not being able to turn around , and coutinuously injured from ramming the glass?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store