reproducing synspilum with citrinellum

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
They are beautifull! Hope they keep that black!

leandro maldonado

Exodon
MFK Member
May 22, 2011
Brasil (Belo Horizonte) MG
this tank has 300 liters.
1 Texas blue, 1 nigrofasciatum short body male, 1 tilapia rendalli short body, 1 tamboatá (Cambodia), 1 salvine super red, 2 Geophagus brasiliensis, 1 severe green, 1 silver mandi.and parrots .

izzy_here

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
michigan
Awesome fry! This is the second thread I've seen showing a spawn between these two species...both pairings produced short body parrot type fish. Creation of blood parrots mystery solved imo, what ya think Chris?

crush329

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
MO
Thank you for displaying your man made parrots. I'm sure to get the color consistant there is some more inbreeding involved but your off to a great start. Great work, great fish, great thread! Thanks again!

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Awesome fry! This is the second thread I've seen showing a spawn between these two species...both pairings produced short body parrot type fish. Creation of blood parrots mystery solved imo, what ya think Chris?
That has been my thought for the longest time now, this just cements it further in my head.

izzy_here

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
michigan
That has been my thought for the longest time now, this just cements it further in my head.
I believe you were the one who brought the other thread like this to my attention, it was quite a long time ago, same two species, same outcome. I'm convinced now too, twice takes it beyond the realm of fluke and into hard evidence. Betting the sb females produced from this spawn will throw 50% sb babies, the only question now is what's the next step? Is there a next step? Male parrots are (as we both know) infertile. Sorta rules out back crossing to one of the parent species. A 75% pure male fish should be fertile. Though I have read that this doesn't hold true with synspila, they supposedly need a higher % of purity to produce fertile males.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store