Are Fly river turtles illigal now?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I have one, FaRT. Sold a male that tore the lower jaw off of one of the females. The other female was killed by the airlines when I moved my collection from WA to MS (shipping box was run over).

FaRT_2.jpg

FaRT_2.jpg

Reactions: Jexnell and Pedram

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I have one, FaRT. Sold a male that tore the lower jaw off of one of the females. The other female was killed by the airlines when I moved my collection from WA to MS (shipping box was run over).

View attachment 937028
is that the current size of your remaining one?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
FaRT went through a growth spurt until he was 4. Then, he slowed almost to a stop for a few years. I switched his diet to include more animal proteins than plant proteins and he entered another growth spurt. He's 13 y/o now but, has added 3 pounds to his weight in the last 2 years. We're moving him from his long-term 5ft x 3ft tank into an 8ft x 4ft tank to give him some additional swimming and growing room.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
FaRT went through a growth spurt until he was 4. Then, he slowed almost to a stop for a few years. I switched his diet to include more animal proteins than plant proteins and he entered another growth spurt. He's 13 y/o now but, has added 3 pounds to his weight in the last 2 years. We're moving him from his long-term 5ft x 3ft tank into an 8ft x 4ft tank to give him some additional swimming and growing room.
How big is he now?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Nearly 28" and 65 pounds.

FaRT is about 17" and 12 pounds. He splashes at the surface when he wants Ken's sticks. He also follows my wife's finger if she runs it along the tank. That's because my wife points to where she dropped the sinking sticks when she feeds him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store