First paludarium build

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
i like. Makes me want to start a prodject like this.

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Plants are doing okay. Pothos and palms aren't going crazy but seem stable. Would like to get 1-2 other types of plants. As for the aquatic portion, I had some issues with my filter and the capped peat substrate but got that settled and now the hair grass seems to be taking off and spreading nicely.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Anyone have a suggestion on how to catch 2 anoles out of a 55g?? Found a good price on the crested geckos I originally wanted for this setup! I'll be picking one, possibly a pair up this afternoon but I'm assuming I can't leave the anoles in there do to the different climate needs. I've set up another tank for the anoles or possibly the crested if I have trouble quickly catching the anoles. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
Anyone have a suggestion on how to catch 2 anoles out of a 55g?? Found a good price on the crested geckos I originally wanted for this setup! I'll be picking one, possibly a pair up this afternoon but I'm assuming I can't leave the anoles in there do to the different climate needs. I've set up another tank for the anoles or possibly the crested if I have trouble quickly catching the anoles. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Have you researched CG's at all? I don't know that they would be a good fit for a paludarium setup. They are REALLY messy. They take huge dumps. Also, if kept too humid they can get respiratory infections.

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Have you researched CG's at all? I don't know that they would be a good fit for a paludarium setup. They are REALLY messy. They take huge dumps. Also, if kept too humid they can get respiratory infections.
Thanks for the heads up. I have done quite a bit of research and see quite a few people who keep them in similar setups. Humidity I can control, huge dumps on the other hand I obviously cannot! Guess I'll be looking for a mini pooper-scooper. And I guess I'll have to keep a close eye on their health and if there is issues, I'll have an excuse to setup another tank!

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
Thanks for the heads up. I have done quite a bit of research and see quite a few people who keep them in similar setups. Humidity I can control, huge dumps on the other hand I obviously cannot! Guess I'll be looking for a mini pooper-scooper. And I guess I'll have to keep a close eye on their health and if there is issues, I'll have an excuse to setup another tank!

My main concern would be them drowning in the water. Make sure you have plenty of "escapes" for them. I have two, btw

heather713

Feeder Fish
Jan 22, 2015
houston, texas
How did you construct the waterfall? Like how did you make it the materials down to whatever pump to bring the water up to the waterfall. I'm going to be setting up a 110 gallon paludarium not my first but first where I'll be totally making my. Own background and decoration. Thanks for Amy advice from anyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store