silver trio

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
hi there , a little up date the biggest of the three is now 16 inches the other two are around 13 or 14 . so a good size difference starting to develop now .
the two that i suspect to be possible males with the orange spots on gills , more bluish coloring and more aggressive are the smaller and still have the drop eye from slamming themselves . the larger more whitish golden fish that i suspect to be female still has no drop eye and still much calmer . my plants are growing like crazy now too DSC01804.JPG DSC01745.JPG DSC01794.JPG DSC01832.JPG DSC01843.JPG DSC01844.JPG

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
hi there , a little up date the biggest of the three is now 16 inches the other two are around 13 or 14 . so a good size difference starting to develop now .
the two that i suspect to be possible males with the orange spots on gills , more bluish coloring and more aggressive are the smaller and still have the drop eye from slamming themselves . the larger more whitish golden fish that i suspect to be female still has no drop eye and still much calmer . my plants are growing like crazy now too View attachment 1162746 View attachment 1162747 View attachment 1162748 View attachment 1162740 View attachment 1162743 View attachment 1162744
Awesome and massive and epic

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
thunder , after knocking of a couple scales off . although i think im holding it upside down lol

View attachment 1164859 View attachment 1164860 View attachment 1164861
Ya epic fish
How often should I feed my arowana lately he hasn't been eating as much it's around the same size as yours I feed it pellets daily 6-9 of them. Lately thought it only eats 2-4 and kinda does that chew spit where it eats most but some still comes out. But it's still eating since whenever I toss a cricket or mealworm in it'll still eat them but not all the pellets why is this?

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
mine have been doing the same sort of thing as of lately . they dont seem to interested in the pellets at all , not even the good tasty ones . the bass still bang them down but the arrows seem too be getting picky . still go nuts for the tilapia though .
im not really sure why , but i would guess our fish are probably spoiled enough to get to be picky and chose the tastiest morsels lol .
also i think mine and maybe yours too ? have maybe hit a certain plateau or slowed down there fast baby growth spurt . it should be no issue to let these guys go a few days here and there without food now that they have reached this size and maybe probably even good for them .

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
mine have been doing the same sort of thing as of lately . they dont seem to interested in the pellets at all , not even the good tasty ones . the bass still bang them down but the arrows seem too be getting picky . still go nuts for the tilapia though .
im not really sure why , but i would guess our fish are probably spoiled enough to get to be picky and chose the tastiest morsels lol .
also i think mine and maybe yours too ? have maybe hit a certain plateau or slowed down there fast baby growth spurt . it should be no issue to let these guys go a few days here and there without food now that they have reached this size and maybe probably even good for them .
Ya that makes sense they are probably being picky now. How did u get ur arowana to eat market food mine won't eat them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store