Please read before asking if you have a Midas or Red Devil

Chiapet29

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
long island, ny
Hey all, picked this guy up a few months ago, originally thought it was a barred Midas, then He started to fade & has me to belive it is a Midevil? still not sure tell me what you think?

20150619_213743.jpg

20150809_175144.jpg

20150905_142615.jpg

tommyfc3s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New Jersey
Saw Petco had some little red devil's so I bought one on a whim last night since it was $5 and is most likely a hybrid. He's pretty dark right now and only about an inch or so but I'm sure he'll be interesting once he grows a bit and fades. Pic is a little dark I'll post some more when there's progress to report

IMG_20160316_210522683.jpg

rdKirby

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2013
Texas
You should m
Saw Petco had some little red devil's so I bought one on a whim last night since it was $5 and is most likely a hybrid. He's pretty dark right now and only about an inch or so but I'm sure he'll be interesting once he grows a bit and fades. Pic is a little dark I'll post some more when there's progress to report

View attachment 1172049
You should make a new thread for him and keep us updated on how he progresses and his coloration changes.

MFK Joel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2016
I'm growing out my red devil/Midas not sure yet which species it is but I guess I just gotta wait and find out lol

image.jpeg

dmf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2015
MD
nice thread ....

midevil as u call them are now everywhere i never see a pure red devil - for a long time - in our LFS or local fish farms even some LFS lately got another fish and labeled it as rd devil coz no one have seen the rd devil beside the midas or the midevil in reality to get the different between ....

the main and the biggest problem in mdevil "i like the name" is they took all the properties from midas and red devil so u can see the big lips and a big kok a wide bodies

i read a nice article on oscarfish forum
here some pic. he used to compare between midas and red devil by using Jeff Rapps (tangledupincichlids)'s pic
written & photo editing by ~Rush~

A. labiatus (left) and A. citrinellus (right)

thanks for that gr8 article

where did the photos go?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store