Elopichthys Bambusa Growout

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Damn so 7 inches since June? That's awesome. What size tank is he in? He may outgrow that Goliath at some point. What are relations between the two of them like? Lol
Haha yeah, Again, I'm eyeballing the size.. So he might be around 11" or so.. They're in a 135 currently with 55x flow.... And yeah, when I got the bambusa I was afraid the goliath might eat him cause he was so small, now he is a solid 3-4" longer. The GATF might be smaller but he is still the boss lol.

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
Haha yeah, Again, I'm eyeballing the size.. So he might be around 11" or so.. They're in a 135 currently with 55x flow.... And yeah, when I got the bambusa I was afraid the goliath might eat him cause he was so small, now he is a solid 3-4" longer. The GATF might be smaller but he is still the boss lol.
Gotchya that's really cool. I'm looking into a 300-400 gallon and I want to start w one or the other. U got plans going forward for them or you gonna sell em off?

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Gotchya that's really cool. I'm looking into a 300-400 gallon and I want to start w one or the other. U got plans going forward for them or you gonna sell em off?
Oh I'm keeping these guys for life :). So in a few months the bambusa will be moved to my 240 and when he out grows that he will go into my friend's 1500 gallon outdoor pond... Until I upgrade to a monster tank :).

Reactions: arowanaryan

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Good plan. If normal barbs like denisons or filament barbs are so expensive how much do these cost?

Reactions: sunnysjourney

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Good plan. If normal barbs like denisons or filament barbs are so expensive how much do these cost?
So these were around 125 each when they were about 4-5". But they looked TINY since they're so thin. I used to call them the world's most expensive minnows lol. And they're a species of carp. They're the only predatory carps.

I may be wrong lol I feel like Wes sold them as a large growing predatory barb, or maybe it was carp... lol
Edit: quick google search says carp
Haha yeah, their other common name is the Yellowcheek Carp. And I remember reading a thread by Wes about a predatory barb, it's a different fish. Don't remember the name tho'.

Reactions: moe214

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
125 USD... 1740 rand. That is basically my years pocket money right there. Wow.

Incredibly cool though

Reactions: sunnysjourney
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store