Elopichthys Bambusa Growout

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
Oh I'm keeping these guys for life :). So in a few months the bambusa will be moved to my 240 and when he out grows that he will go into my friend's 1500 gallon outdoor pond... Until I upgrade to a monster tank :).
Cool stuff is the pond indoor? What u got in the 240 currently? I wanna see one of these Chinese tigers get big sooo bad

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Cool stuff is the pond indoor? What u got in the 240 currently? I wanna see one of these Chinese tigers get big sooo bad
No my buddy has an outdoor pond. Wouldn't be a problem for the Bambusas cause they're cold water tolerant. And in my 240 I have a leichardti aro, 1 NGT, 1 VATF, 1 African aro, 1 red tail payara, 1 green tail flagtail and 9 tiger scats :).

Strong work. I always enjoy following threads of success with uncommon species in this hobby. Let me know if you need a hand building that 2000 gallon pond!!!!!
Thanks bro. And I will let you know for sure! :).

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
I moved this guy over to my 240 cause having a 14"+ fish in a 135 seemed pretty ridiculous. And within 24 hours my tiger scats had eaten him alive :(. The Bambusa are extremely timid guys, choose their tank mates carefully.

I did a big water change today and upped the temp + added some salt.. hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

And I moved 8 of my scats over to my 135. I don't know if they will do the same to my Goliath. But I'm guessing they will behave (judging by how well they have behaved with my big VATF). And honestly I'd like for them to try to mess up my GATF lol.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Thanks for sharing. It is this kind of info that is valuable to keepers in the hobby. I hope it makes a full recovery.

Reactions: sunnysjourney
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store