Are tropical fish protected by animal cruelty laws? 12 monsters murdered in Ohio.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's what I keep thinking. She knew she had 90days to make some kind of payment. She even said she had an arrangement with the bank. But nope, catching her in bed with another dude is all on me. Now the fish got the wrath.
Yeah.....hopefully you can cut,run and get the hotell out of there pronto....and also hoping there are no children in the picture.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Fish are such an easy target. Zero sentimental value if you don't place it there yourself. Unlike a dog in many ways.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Animal cruelty is almost certainly a state by state legal issue. You'll likely have to refer to Ohio law, although counties and towns in my state also are known to have local ordinances as well that cover issues regarding pets.

Killing animals as a means to get back at another person certainly qualifies as cruel to me.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I would try to find and document the value of other similar fish in the industry. That way you can put a fiscal amount to the loss and then I would think you would definitely have at least a small claims court case against her, if not maybe a full blown lawsuit.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
This is so sad. You must get the cost covered as well, might be a bit more of a sting to her as well.

It's real bad that your fish got caught in the crossfire of this whole thing, I hope you can sort this out

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store