Are tropical fish protected by animal cruelty laws? 12 monsters murdered in Ohio.

matthewr262

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2015
Willowick. OH
Check out the recently passed 'Goddard's Bill' in Ohio and see if it might apply to aquarium fish since they aren't livestock in the current law and may fall under companion animals.

I'm so sorry for your loss and hopefully at the least, she can be prosecuted for her crime.
I looked at the law. It states any companion animal. Me being an Iraq war combat veteran I have PTSD my fish were my therapy. Hopefully the prosecutor will hear me out.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I do, three boys. She's into drugs and stuff and has no money for a lawyer. She also didn't win the boys hearts with this stunt.
That complicates things. Custody is a weird thing

I looked at the law. It states any companion animal. Me being an Iraq war combat veteran I have PTSD my fish were my therapy. Hopefully the prosecutor will hear me out.
Fish certainly are therapeutic. Watching my planted tank really works for calming me down, I'm sure that it's the same with larger fish too.

I hope the court listens to you man. I'm hoping for you

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
If the bleach damaged your equipment in any way small claims her for that too! Definitely sue her over the value of the fish. Grab any receipts you have for food or supplies too. What a *****!

People who injure pets to retaliate against a person for whatever reason deserve jail time IMO. Recently saw a thing someone posted online of some jerk flushing a poor hamster down the toilet because of their ex. A neighbor killed my friend's cat and dogs by poisoning them over a fence dispute....who the **** does that? Some people man. Thank god she didn't hurt your kids!

Hmmm... maybe get the story of her killing them out somehow? It would probably go viral. She deserves any bad publicity **** that happens.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Furthermore and aside from killing your fish this woman sounds like she had no business driving a car anyhow,what with her having drug issues and all.It's a good thing her vehicle was taken as she is no longer a potential traffic threat due to driving while under the influence.You are probably already aware but these things could help you in a custody fight.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Furthermore and aside from killing your fish this woman sounds like she had no business driving a car anyhow,what with her having drug issues and all.It's a good thing her vehicle was taken as she is no longer a potential traffic threat due to driving while under the influence.You are probably already aware but these things could help you in a custody fight.
I agree. Use this in your custody fight. Already hard enough as a dad maybe they can side with you now.
Good ideas. Has she mentioned anything of custody?

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I still not sure how anyone could prove it was her. Unless you had video surveillance, that could hold up but even finger prints on the bleach bottle wouldn't mean much as evidence since she did/does reside in the home. I'm not trying to sound negative but you will need some concrete evidence once in court. Another issue, since you both technically own all property in home jointly until awarded, she may have the right to damage her property(the fish).

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store