NEED HELP! NEW TO SITE.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
The black one was an alligator gar. I loved them all so much but sold them all because of size reason. It was tough but it was for the better. I'm know learning I'm almost gonna have to do that agin which is upsetting.
Honestly, thats why its better to choose fish suited for the aquarium we currently own... i've always wanted a black leopordi ray but know it will never happen unless one day i aim for a 400G+ tank...

Fish_tank_dude_96

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Honestly, thats why its better to choose fish suited for the aquarium we currently own... i've always wanted a black leopordi ray but know it will never happen unless one day i aim for a 400G+ tank...

Do you have any suggestions on what would be a good fit for the 105g? I'm open to ideas.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Well I can. Mine grew to a foot long in my 55 before I gave up and let him go in my cousin's lake. According to wikipedia, you can expect them to grow to 1.5 ft and weigh 8lbs, but they can get much larger
my albino channel is easily almost 2 feet long and id wager 10 pounds.

Fish_tank_dude_96

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
I'm still firm on the ebjd or if your rehoming most of your fish you could set up a discus tank. It depends on what you want to look at docile fish with color or more hardy predatory fish. I have a planted discus tank and man it's beautiful to watch but they are a pain in the ass. Price to pay

I have live plants now and I am for sure considering re homing my fish. I love discus and how they look but would rather other fish besides just them. I wanna stay away from preditor fish because I've had them before ( gars , pikes , barracudas etc ) the amount of feeders I was buying started diggin a whole in my pocket ( I also own 3 turtles ) if they are a smaller preditor fish or medium id go down that route because I wouldn't need to buy an excessive amount of feeders.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I have live plants now and I am for sure considering re homing my fish. I love discus and how they look but would rather other fish besides just them. I wanna stay away from preditor fish because I've had them before ( gars , pikes , barracudas etc ) the amount of feeders I was buying started diggin a whole in my pocket ( I also own 3 turtles ) if they are a smaller preditor fish or medium id go down that route because I wouldn't need to buy an excessive amount of feeders.
get your predators on frozen food or pellets....asking for trouble with live feeders.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
As all the other fish will outgrow you tank I would keep the Dempsey and build on that.
1 sex your Dempsey
2 get 2 more Dempsey maybe a gold and a blue Dempsey but make sure you only have one male.
*Then you will have a harem.
3 buy a nice looking pleco that doesn't exceed 10-12"
4 buy a big peacock eel to replace the tyre track
5 buy a 4 lined pim catfish to replace your channel.
6 give the cats and eel hiding spots
7 watch them all grow and enjoy selling the baby's as blue gene or gold gene, maybe even grow some out and try to mix the blue and gold genes for fun.
If you see eggs you will have to divide of the others incase the eat the eggs or get injured.
Just a nice idea. Try to stay away from any fish that tops 10-12 inch.

Fish_tank_dude_96

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Plus 1 to what he said I have a predatory tank and strictly never put feeders in the tank. To much trouble and money

What's the issue with feeders? Disease?? I live on an acre and a half pond and would catch baby blue gill and feed them to my fish. They loved them just as much. My Dempsey is a male I know that. I already have a bristle nose Pleco in the tank. Love him ( although he seems to be very aggressive and territorial over spot. Driving fish out of cavs constantly. Has anyone else ever herd of that?)

Fish_tank_dude_96

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
As all the other fish will outgrow you tank I would keep the Dempsey and build on that.
1 sex your Dempsey
2 get 2 more Dempsey maybe a gold and a blue Dempsey but make sure you only have one male.
*Then you will have a harem.
3 buy a nice looking pleco that doesn't exceed 10-12"
4 buy a big peacock eel to replace the tyre track
5 buy a 4 lined pim catfish to replace your channel.
6 give the cats and eel hiding spots
7 watch them all grow and enjoy selling the baby's as blue gene or gold gene, maybe even grow some out and try to mix the blue and gold genes for fun.
If you see eggs you will have to divide of the others incase the eat the eggs or get injured.
Just a nice idea. Try to stay away from any fish that tops 10-12 inch.

Thank you!! Gonna totally check all that out. Just needed some ideas to get the tank changed up. I've always loved the idea of breeding. I bred convict cichlids. They had many babies but one night had a party and woke up to everything dead. Someone poured alcohol into my tank. Great to find that out!

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store