My first true monster

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
After a much needed filtration upgrade, I had no use for my eheim 2215s, as I was using a 75g sump. A few days ago, I posted an add on a local forum to sell them, or trade for a 40g+ tank or fish. Three days later, I traded one of the filters for an 11-12" Parachromis Motaguensis. At the moment I'm keeping him with Angels, Severums, Firemouths, a KKBP, a Bala, and miscellaneous bottom dwellers. He's doing well, and has kept to himself for the most part, which I was hoping for considering the guy I traded with said he was shy. If this changes in the future I have an extra tank I can put him in. I plan to feed him Hikari Gold and Massivore. Any tips for keeping this fish would be appreciated.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Looks great, move the delicate fish before he settles tho, they can be men sob.

Reactions: jaws7777

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Looks great, move the delicate fish before he settles tho, they can be men sob.
That would basically be all of them. They're all gentle, and have never experienced aggressive fish. As stated in my original post, I can always move him to my spare tank if he causes an issue.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
As long as your prepared pal, I'm not being judgmental, I'm comming a dovii in my 300 atm. It's just angelfish will get smashed very quickly if he turns. Sevs, parrots, bala, firemouth can handle a bit of aggression.
I think personally the angelfish at least need to go to the spare tank now.
He looks great tho, how big is he? What's the tank size?

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
A fish like that is capable and at some point very likely to wipe out your entire stock in one night

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
As long as your prepared pal, I'm not being judgmental, I'm comming a dovii in my 300 atm. It's just angelfish will get smashed very quickly if he turns. Sevs, parrots, bala, firemouth can handle a bit of aggression.
He's around 11-12", and he's in a 7x2x2 210g, with a 75g sump. Around 250g of actual water volume after dilution.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
The Angels have actually been the fish he's paid the least attention to.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
How big are the other fish
Smallest are the Firemouths at 3.5-4", Bala is 8", Severums are 7", KKBP is 8", the four Angels are all full grown, the Sun Cat is 5", Synodontis is 9", BGK is 8", Pleco is 11", and the Sen is 3", although he hides in places the other fish can't reach, especially the Mota.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store