New life spectrum ultra red

SK13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2017
What is your opinion about new life spectrum ultra red fish food? Will it help the cichlids to color up nicely?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
What is your opinion about new life spectrum ultra red fish food? Will it help the cichlids to color up nicely?
Sure it will help with 1 condition that your fish also is a HQ one too. It's nearly useless if your fish a a low grade cichlid.

Reactions: SK13

SK13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2017
I recently started a 55 gallon tank with 13 small size cichlids. The tank is cycled with 0 ammonia, 0 nitites and 20 nitrates. I am feeding northfin krill gold, NF cichlid formula, and Nf veggie formula. Temp is set at 26 degree C. Have many hiding places.
The cichlids are smaller in size. Some mbunas and some peacocks. When i bought them from shop, they were very colorful (blue, yellow, blue with red tint etc etc). However after few days in my tank, the peacocks started loosing color. The blue color is changing to grey or silver color.
But the mbunas are holding their color and are looking beautiful. The size of the peacocks are bigger than the mbunas.
I am not sure why the peacocks are loosing color. Any suggestions?? Will nls ultra red help to bring back the red tint in the peacocks?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I recently started a 55 gallon tank with 13 small size cichlids. The tank is cycled with 0 ammonia, 0 nitites and 20 nitrates. I am feeding northfin krill gold, NF cichlid formula, and Nf veggie formula. Temp is set at 26 degree C. Have many hiding places.
The cichlids are smaller in size. Some mbunas and some peacocks. When i bought them from shop, they were very colorful (blue, yellow, blue with red tint etc etc). However after few days in my tank, the peacocks started loosing color. The blue color is changing to grey or silver color.
But the mbunas are holding their color and are looking beautiful. The size of the peacocks are bigger than the mbunas.
I am not sure why the peacocks are loosing color. Any suggestions?? Will nls ultra red help to bring back the red tint in the peacocks?
Sound like they got stressed and there something in your tank bully those peacocks, when the condition is right it will show up its color again, I don't think buying those color food will help them regain their color though, you should monitor your tank activity and how soft/hard of your water.

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Could be various reasons. They could have been artificially enhanced and are now losing their color. Or it could be a dominance issue. Etc.

SK13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2017
Water p
Sound like they got stressed and there something in your tank bully those peacocks, when the condition is right it will show up its color again, I don't think buying those color food will help them regain their color though, you should monitor your tank activity and how soft/hard of your water.
water ph is 8-8.2 i dont know about kh and other stuff.
Do i need to have patience with my peacocks to regain their color? Or the pet shop guy fooled me with bad quality fishes?

SK13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2017
Could be various reasons. They could have been artificially enhanced and are now losing their color. Or it could be a dominance issue. Etc.
I have noticed one of my brightest mbuna keep on chasing evryone. Shall I remove that fish?

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
It seems to me that the tank is still overstocked with 13 fish. That's a lot in a 55, unless they're really small. If they're really small, then I would think they need to grow larger before they really get their natural color. Also, it seems that you have only had them a few days, if that, and it might take a week or two for them to really get settled in. I would be patient if I were you. You already have the fish, so there's no sense in worrying about it now.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I have noticed one of my brightest mbuna keep on chasing evryone. Shall I remove that fish?
If you can separate that bully fish for few days and see how other fishes turn out without that bully fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store