New Intermedia

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Hey guys. I'm rarely ever on here as I've never kept Cichla long term mainly due to my primary interests being elsewhere. That being said, I saw a pair of intermedia and I had to have them. My tank is a 225 which is on the smaller side so I never could really keep bass long term and always wanted these since they were the smallest species and you can eek by with a 225. The fact that these are larger and pushing close to 9-10 inches and the fact that they were pellet trained and they fit the bill nicely.

My current inhabitants are a pair of Marble Motoros, a pair of Crenicichla Zebrina, and 4 adolescent Heros Liberifers that serve as nice little dithers for the bigger fish. I just got these two Intermedia today from Kyledoc123 Kyledoc123 and he did an amazing job with these. Not to mention he hooked it up. Thanks again Kyledoc123 Kyledoc123 .

Tank is covered where any surface is exposed while the open areas are used for growing out a mix of pothos and Spathyphyllum Peace Lillies. They grow like weeds and helps my water. Filtration is 2 Fx-6's and a Rena XP-L. Water changes once a week at 50% and water temp sitting at 82. Lastly, water is 6.8 pH and 179ppm hardness out of the tap.

Let me know what you think.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

Mr.AzulBass

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2011
Utah
This is one of the nicest most natural looking 200+ tanks iv seen. and with not an over abundance of fish. keep us updated on these guys

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
This is one of the nicest most natural looking 200+ tanks iv seen. and with not an over abundance of fish. keep us updated on these guys
Thank you. I have a fair number of fish I thought. Any more would be pushing it. I plan to thin out to a pair of severums over time and aggravation in this tank as four species and four pairs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store