Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
It seems Hooters(asia) wants to be more family friendly and will dress more conserativley(sp). Even though I don't go there, I hope they don't change it here. That's what makes it 'hooters'.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Asian society is a bit different in certain areas for sure.

Time to start biting nails, less than a month till midyear exams :(

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There is some kind of shooting going on in Paris France right now and an officer has been shot dead and another was wounded......

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Time to start biting nails, less than a month till midyear exams :(
Hello; First is to not wait until the night before to study. A little each day and a month should be plenty.

Do you know which type of learner you happen to be? Visual, auditory or kinetic? Of course we are usually a combination of all three with one type being a bit more dominant. I am more kinetic than the others. I have found that if I see or hear something it sticks with me better if I write it down later. One example is notes taken or recorded during classes. I found it to be very beneficial if I later re-wrote my notes and /or transcribed a lecture.

I also would use a memory routine. When I went to bed I would try to recite in my head my notes as I lay quietly until falling asleep. I did this for the hardest classes most often, but some class each night. What else do you have to do in that time? Yeah I know, you likely thing of that girl.

May be best to not see the girl until after exams as well. I am sure she will understand. Maybe get one of your male friends to keep her company so she is not too lonely. You can explain how it is a sacrifice for the future well being.

Good luck

Reactions: Hendre

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
That's how you lose friends.
Hello; Yeah I know. I threw that last part in as sort of a joke and to see if Hendre will fall for it. Please do not tell him.

When I was married I for some reason had a lot more male friends hanging around than when I was single. Hummmm????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store