Greetings, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, But I have not seen it

Meicalnissyen

Feeder Fish
May 19, 2017
So, I have a stack of 3 75's, common sump and filtration
top tank has an oscar and a parrot
middle has a large Jewel, and some up and comers
bottom tank has a red devil, and is my source of concern

feeding is a mix of my home made glop frozen in icecube trays, common recipe, been using it with minor variation for years. red devil hates it (cuz he is a true ass, hehe) will only eat bloodworm cubes, and high end dog kibble

tank has been stable for several years, but in the last 6 months I have noticed this black spot. its slightly larger, I have bumped feeds, water is decent, still a bit hard,(well thru softening and filtration)
oscar has picked up a small HITH about a year ago, (13") stable, perhaps receding

I have pics of the black spot, will try to upload

please look and render opinions on treatment

THANKS20170515_142525.jpg 20170515_142525.jpg

20170515_142454.jpg

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I would just watch the spot. it is probably nothing. If it continues to grow maybe worry about melanoma like disease

BTW bloodworm cubes and high end dog kibble is not a good diet for a fish

Meicalnissyen

Feeder Fish
May 19, 2017
I would just watch the spot. it is probably nothing. If it continues to grow maybe worry about melanoma like disease

BTW bloodworm cubes and high end dog kibble is not a good diet for a fish
it is growing, but slowly. I will try to get better pics, he just noses straight on to the camera.

Agree on diet, but..... I feel like the parent of a 4 year old that only eats spaghetti O's

SO, fussy I got him just under full grown, came with a tank aqusition, and thats what the priors fed him.

refused to eat my blend that the other fish devour. tried cutting my blend into cubes the exact size of BWC, nuthin, tried putting em both in at the same time, picks out the BWC, and leaves the rest, a few years ago, I starved him out for a couple weeks, still nothin. I stumbled onto the dog food out of desparation, no Idea why he eats that, won't touch cat food.

on rare occasions, I will get 20 or 30 feeder fish and put em in a medicated 10 gal, fatten them up and deparisite for a month then feed them, he will chase and eat them.

any thoughts on getting him off the BWC are most welcome

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store