Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Greetings, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, But I have not seen it

Discussion in 'Freshwater Diseases and Health Issues' started by Meicalnissyen, May 19, 2017.

1. Meicalnissyen

Meicalnissyen Registered Member

mike
      Jun 30, 2017
      So, I have a stack of 3 75's, common sump and filtration
      top tank has an oscar and a parrot
      middle has a large Jewel, and some up and comers
      bottom tank has a red devil, and is my source of concern

feeding is a mix of my home made glop frozen in icecube trays, common recipe, been using it with minor variation for years. red devil hates it (cuz he is a true ass, hehe) will only eat bloodworm cubes, and high end dog kibble

tank has been stable for several years, but in the last 6 months I have noticed this black spot. its slightly larger, I have bumped feeds, water is decent, still a bit hard,(well thru softening and filtration)
      oscar has picked up a small HITH about a year ago, (13") stable, perhaps receding

I have pics of the black spot, will try to upload

please look and render opinions on treatment

THANKS 20170515_142525.jpg 20170515_142525.jpg

20170515_142454.jpg

2. Meicalnissyen

mike
      Jun 30, 2017
    3. Charney

Charney The Fish Doctor
      Staff Member

Today at 12:07 AM
      I would just watch the spot. it is probably nothing. If it continues to grow maybe worry about melanoma like disease

BTW bloodworm cubes and high end dog kibble is not a good diet for a fish

GamerChick5567 and Meicalnissyen like this.
    4. Meicalnissyen

mike
      Jun 30, 2017
      it is growing, but slowly. I will try to get better pics, he just noses straight on to the camera.

Agree on diet, but..... I feel like the parent of a 4 year old that only eats spaghetti O's

SO, fussy I got him just under full grown, came with a tank aqusition, and thats what the priors fed him.

refused to eat my blend that the other fish devour. tried cutting my blend into cubes the exact size of BWC, nuthin, tried putting em both in at the same time, picks out the BWC, and leaves the rest, a few years ago, I starved him out for a couple weeks, still nothin. I stumbled onto the dog food out of desparation, no Idea why he eats that, won't touch cat food.

on rare occasions, I will get 20 or 30 feeder fish and put em in a medicated 10 gal, fatten them up and deparisite for a month then feed them, he will chase and eat them.

any thoughts on getting him off the BWC are most welcome

5. Charney

Charney The Fish Doctor
      Staff Member

Today at 12:07 AM
      could be HITH from poor nutrition

GamerChick5567 likes this.