Ideal Peacock Bass Live Food Alternatives?

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
I've read that peacock bass are daytime hunters; I know that's true, as far as live fish go. What about pellets? Because my fish go through live food in a matter of a few days, getting live food all the time will become expensive. The pellets I've attempted feeding my juvenile peacock bass are cichlid color-enhancing pellets that I fed my wolf cichlid when I had him. I've seen him attempt at eating the pellets, and he's eating very few. At night, my Clown knifefish eats the pellets my bass didn't eat. What do you suggest I feed my peacock bass other than love food? Also, when is a good time to feed peacock bass?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Since the cichla has tased the pellets don't give it anything else to eat until it is eating them completely.The feeders are not good to give it for a number of readons so discontinue them.Get a good sinking cichlid carnivore pellet,toss a few in at a time and your cichla will be taking them in no time.

Reactions: tlindsey

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
My Orinos would only eat blood worms my I tried starving them hoping they would take to pellets like the kels in the tank. My brother said to toss in shrimp they literally ate it instantly.

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
My Orinos would only eat blood worms my I tried starving them hoping they would take to pellets like the kels in the tank. My brother said to toss in shrimp they literally ate it instantly.
What kind of shrimp did you feed them? And were they live?

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Pellets, shrimps, tilapia, earthworms(night crawlers), live black worms,frozen blood worms or feeders. Try all those. Avoid feeding live if possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store