Why?

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
I respect everyone's opinion on the matter I just wanted to vent don't wanna start a feud just wish more keepers would respond in species specific forums instead of ppl that regurgitate info that's all

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
I respect everyone's opinion on the matter I just wanted to vent don't wanna start a feud just wish more keepers would respond in species specific forums instead of ppl that regurgitate info that's all

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I think if there were "restrictions" to who could/should answer questions, then this sight would definitely slow down. Quality vs. Quantity of posts?

Where does it end? Should only those implementing filtration types and methods, plumbing approaches, drains, lighting, having certain types of plants be able to respond?

Maybe we should post qualifications and need to be nominated to post to certain forums? I could lose access entirely LOL.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; What!! You mean I am expected to know where of I speak before I post??
Will staying at a Holiday Inn Express the night before help?

How can we keep newbies confused if there are not responses all over the map?

Having started keeping tropical fish back in 1959 and not getting on this forum until 2010 or 2011 I have some experience under my belt. Likely made it a bit easier for me to know what is good advice and what is BS. I often do wonder how someone new to the hobby can wade thru it all.

One thing I have noted is that over the last few years I have made some "enemies" among the membership. Sometimes it seems they are more interested in getting in a dig at me than making sound comments. Of course I might accidently be guilty of digging back just a bit.

Add to that all the trolls who do not care if the information they post is accurate, just trying to game the forum. There are also some that elevate this form to another level, not sure what to call them.

I tend to think of this forum a bit like the CB radios of the past.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Some people that haven't kept a fish can know what to do with it, as long as you aren't spewing total rubbish then it allows for discussion and possibly some education...

Reactions: tcav88

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hendre Hendre did nothing lol bout to make another thread asking why everyone hates Hendre Hendre
If you do tag me.

Reactions: tcav88

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Best not to beat a dead horse then

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
No two fish are the same, the same fish temperament will change over the corse of its life time. Unless you have kept the same species multiple of times for the whole duration of there life span then your not a expert on that fish.
All information given and received on any forum should be taken with a grain of salt and what worked for one person doesn't mean it will work for another, too many variables.
I think you learn who the knowledgeable people are on different subjects on this forum quite quickly.

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Good talks, i agree someone can know everything thats written about a fish, but if a new species is discovered and brought into the hobby someone has to own it and set the standards for it before everyone else can have an idea of what to do. This can go both ways and some good points made for both sides, people that throw together nice scapes with beautiful fish inspire me to go bigger and better in the hobby and to expand and learn about more species. I do the research before hand about species to make sure it has the proper care, i just like seeing what people with the same species are doing so i can emulate that and add a few things here and there to my hobby. All in good fun guys thanks for the conversations i hope to see you guys in future threads!

Reactions: dan518
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store