you guys are to blame.. 3 polys camr home with me

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
That's a pretty good price on the 210. What kind of stand? My 180 reef ready was $1000 just the tank. Stand and canopy was another $1400. That was new pricing.

Reactions: clm08k

pescado209

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
quick question or you poly gurus..

is it normal to never see my endli eat. he just sits there motionless even if I get food to land right in front of his face. never seen him eat and he's the smallest of the bunch, not noticeable growth especially compared to the very active senegals.the endli is always motionless, even now the 3 other poly were feeding on the sinking food around him rolling on top of him and slapping him with fins and tails and all he,the endli, did.was draw in his fins or just move his tail away from the other guys. is this normal for the endli ?

tonight was the first night I have seen my delhezi actively eat, he does seem to be putting on some size, before tonight he would be motionless like the endli, but move once in a while and then just lay that again. don't know if that normal either.

the senegals.. no problem with those guys always swimming around like crazy.

20171013_202106.jpg

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Senegals are known for being active, and endlis lazy. Don't worry about the activity.

I would worry about getting him to eat though. Agree to try fish or live worms, also consider trying after lights out.

Reactions: clm08k

pescado209

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
I feed 4 different types of food. I have tilapia just have not fed it yet. will try today.
the southern delight is a mix of sinking floating pellets . I tend to over feed at night so that there are left over at the bottom for the poly to forage for .

what about the delhezi. is it normal for him to.be lazy ?

20171014_094546.jpg

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
My dels are kinda all over the board, somedays they are busy some days they are lazy buried in the sand.
My del spends 75% of her time buried in the sand. Ahahaha.

Ah man now you guys got me thinking about activity level:

Do you all think there is a correlation with temperature and activity level?

What about having things in all levels of the tank for them to swim through? If there’s less stuff in the tank, do they get bored?

Do high nitrates affect activity level?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store