7 x2 x2 ...what to stock it with!?

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
I think the angel isn't a good choice for that tank. My thoughts are they need a bigger group and will be out competed for food. Fire eels fall a little bit into that category (as far as eating is concerned) unless you have trained it to eat among outer more aggressive eaters. Once it's eating, it should be fine.

Also, if you get a sail fin pleco be sure to sure to special feed it vegetables a couple times per week (or more if it gets large.)

That tank when full grown will have a large bioload, so if you aren't prepared to do large water changes (75%+) up to three times per week, reconsider your load. The pleco should be among the first to come out if you don't want that type of tank. That assumes the eel and assumes no giant gourami.

If you want to cut it down to one large WC a week, then skip the eel, pleco and gourami, and you should be close.

Last edited:

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I'd keep it simple. One RTGG and a group of clown loaches.

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
I think the angel isn't a good choice for that tank. My thoughts are they need a bigger group and will be out competed for food. Fire eels fall a little bit into that category (as far as eating is concerned) unless you have trained it to eat among outer more aggressive eaters. Once it's eating, it should be fine.

Also, if you get a sail fin pleco be sure to sure to special feed it vegetables a couple times per week (or more if it gets large.)

That tank when full grown will have a large bioload, so if you aren't prepared to do large water changes (75%+) up to three times per week, reconsider your load. The pleco should be among the first to come out if you don't want that type of tank. That assumes the eel and assumes no giant gourami.

If you want to cut it down to one large WC a week, then skip the eel, pleco and gourami, and you should be close.
Okay i hear you, i will get rid of the pleco and giant gourami but could i keep the eel? And the angle would only be there cause all my fish from my 55 gal would have to go in the 210 gal tanks which is why the angle, fire mouth , blue acara, severum, and sengal bichir are on the list ??:but thanks for the tips :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store