7 x2 x2 ...what to stock it with!?

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
In the middle of purchasing a 7 x2 x2ft tank 210 gal 800 litre and im curoius and what the biggest fish i could stock it with? I like predatoe looking fish...eels, bichir, cichlids arrownsa, catfish ..big mean looking tetra and of course gars!?

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Anything while small but once stuff starts getting big you may have to cut down depending on if your filters and water changes can handle the bio load. Stock it how you want cause everyone has a different idea on what you should buy and how you should stock. I know I didn't get into the hobby to be told what to get lol

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
Anything while small but once stuff starts getting big you may have to cut down depending on if your filters and water changes can handle the bio load. Stock it how you want cause everyone has a different idea on what you should buy and how you should stock. I know I didn't get into the hobby to be told what to get lol
Yeh i know what you mean man, however the last thing i want to do is get some fish then 1 week 1 month 1 year down the line...they die or keep growing and growing thats all ...this is what i had in mind:
1 chocolate cichlid
3 urua cichlid
2 severum ( 1 G and 1 N)
1 sailfin pleco
1 angle fish
1 fire mouth
1 blue acara
4 rocket gar
1 sengal bichir
1 ornate bichir
1 nile bichir
4 pearl cichlid
1 giant gourami
1 syno hyprid
1 fire eel? ..i know they get pretty big tho
And thats what i have thought of so far any suggestions? Thank you

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
Them polypterus get good size and will probably eat some of them fish off. That sailfin pleco will get good size also and crap a lot... you may want to think of a smaller one to get.
So everything else could work? Even the fire eel and giant gourami? Ah okay well i have 2 bristlenose plecos in my 55 now so would they be okay? And what fish could the polys get?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'd say that's really heavy stocking. Stuff like senegal bichirs and angelfish will get eaten by a large lower jaw bichir.

Thin out that stocking a bit and it may be a bit easier :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store