Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Reactions: taylor the beast

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I have a single 14" RTGG in a 180. She's on her own and i expect her to max out around the 16" mark. I know i'm pushing it even though she's on her own and i certainly will not be putting anything else in with her. Your tank is only 12" longer than mine and along with your giant gourami you also want to put every man and his dog in too! It won't be long before your nitrate readings are off the scale and as others have mentioned you will be looking at 3, maybe more, big water changes a week. I can understand your excitement with your new tank and all but i think your excitement will take a drastic nose dive when you have to face those constant water changes.

You've a nice selection of fish on that wish list of yours. Personally i'd forget about the RTGG and the plec, both messy fish, and juggle with the rest. You could have one hell of a nice set up, one that's manageable water change wise too.

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
I have a single 14" RTGG in a 180. She's on her own and i expect her to max out around the 16" mark. I know i'm pushing it even though she's on her own and i certainly will not be putting anything else in with her. Your tank is only 12" longer than mine and along with your giant gourami you also want to put every man and his dog in too! It won't be long before your nitrate readings are off the scale and as others have mentioned you will be looking at 3, maybe more, big water changes a week. I can understand your excitement with your new tank and all but i think your excitement will take a drastic nose dive when you have to face those constant water changes.

You've a nice selection of fish on that wish list of yours. Personally i'd forget about the RTGG and the plec, both messy fish, and juggle with the rest. You could have one hell of a nice set up, one that's manageable water change wise too.
Okay i understand, i did think that everything would be way to much for that size..it was just there was this beautiful RTGG at my fish store and it was so beautiful i think the thought of finally getting a monster sized fish tank excited me to much....out of the list what fish would stock?..or would you add/take any fish away? Thank you for all your advice!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store