Possible aquarium stocking 10.0

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I've only had their cousin the afer which has tons of personality and is named Jacka$$ for a reason. I chose royal clown because they get smaller than a regular clown and I saw some at my LFS this week and they look awesome and now I'm craving one I just don't have room for one YET

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I’m not really a big fan they just seem too drab I think between the polys I’ll have enough tan and brown in the tank
This has always been an issue with my wife. She hates the bland looking fish. She misses the little burst of color I had with my red bay snook and regani in the tank.

Reactions: DRteugelsi

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
What about geos?
If I did a group it would have to be winemilleri but they get pretty large and I’m just worried about them taking over territories in the tank

I've only had their cousin the afer which has tons of personality and is named Jacka$$ for a reason. I chose royal clown because they get smaller than a regular clown and I saw some at my LFS this week and they look awesome and now I'm craving one I just don't have room for one YET
I do like Afers but they’re pretty hard to find and I’m not sure if they would work in this tank

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Why just winemilleri? Tapajo or altifrons would work too any of those are nice to look at and could fill both neitches. You could get 5-7 living happily together.

Reactions: magpie

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
I would think an afer wouldn't be big enough for the lowerjaw but a royal clown would be
Yeah, I think it would be a toss up but I think a royal would be too big for a 180

Why just winemilleri? Tapajo or altifrons would work too any of those are nice to look at and could fill both neitches. You could get 5-7 living happily together.
Winemilleri are just my favorite really lol but I do think a group of geos would look pretty sweet though I just worry about them not growing fast enough to avoid being eaten by a lower jaw and maybe not being wide enough either. I could always wait to get the ljs though.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Yeah, I think it would be a toss up but I think a royal would be too big for a 180

Winemilleri are just my favorite really lol but I do think a group of geos would look pretty sweet though I just worry about them not growing fast enough to avoid being eaten by a lower jaw and maybe not being wide enough either. I could always wait to get the ljs though.
I would also think that it would look really cool. I'd think with the ljs you are thinking about it'd be ok. But yea get your ujs and geos then your ljs 6 months later ish.

Reactions: DRteugelsi

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
I would also think that it would look really cool. I'd think with the ljs you are thinking about it'd be ok. But yea get your ujs and geos then your ljs 6 months later ish.
Yeah the main one I would worry about is the congicus. I’ll have to consider it because I do want something that’s going to be more in the mid level. Though the wines I had were all over the place except at feeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store